Info needed on styling products.

teester

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
I need some advice from any/all of you. I want to know what people are using to style their hair with. I do use Nizoral 2-3 times per week.
I need a new regular shampoo, volumizer/root lifter, thickner and hairspray. What works best? I feel maybe some of the products I use now is hurting my scalp. Any advice is appreciated. Teester

mayalopecia

Reaction score
Hi Teester,

Your message posted twice, so I deleted one of them. What kind of hair do you have? My hair is curly, and I find that the Garnier Fructis shampoo for fine hair, Bedhead Moisture Maniac conditioner, and the JASON Thin to Thick shampoo and conditioner work well for me. I have also used Dove Voluminizing conditioner for fine/thin hair.

I'm sure others will post with their suggestions.

Cheers,

-maya

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Teester.
Here's a run down on what I use...
Shampoos: nizoral-of course/ Avalon Organics Biotin shampoo/Progaine Shampoo/ Thicker Fuller Hair Shampoo/ T-gel if I get any irritation
{I'm a shampoo-switcher..I go back and forth}
conditoner: usually something cheap i.e. suave, etc. I only conditon the ends.
styling products: none. My hair is so fine textured NOTHING seems to help...it all weighs it down.
Hope this gives you some ideas/options.
:D Miche

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Shoot! :oops:
Forgot to add that I do use Couvre and sometimes Toppik...I guess those would be considered styling aids! :)

Miloh

Reaction score
Hi Teester,

I also use nizoral and the Avalon organic biotin shampoo and conditioner. Really like the stuff. My favorite conditioner is actually the stuff that comes with Feria hair color and highlighting kits, I wish they sold it separately.

I have very fine, wavy, shoulder-length hair and Sebastian Texturizer works for me as a styling product--anything for bouncy hair....I don't like Thicker Fuller Hair's "Volume Boost", it stings and makes my hair feel dry and sticky.

I use Toppik on a few of the thin spots. I know not everyone likes it, but I think it works well on small areas. As for their hair spray, I don't think it makes any difference, I use Suave or whatever's on sale.

Cheers, miloh

G

Hi Teester! :)

I just got a free sample of it in my newspaper on Sunday. I will also try it today (the Dove shampoo).

How have you been?

Laura

G

I absoluely love physique volumizing shampoo and conditioner! Do try them, they're the best AND they smell like watermelon! I was a compulsive shampoo switcher until I found the physique products. They also have a good volumizing gel that I put in my hair if I feel like wearing it curly (which unfortunately is becoming less and less often as I keep having to wear it in a pony tail to hide scalp spots). They have a root booster spray that works well, but I don't use it because my hair is too thin on top for me to want it to stick up at the roots and show through more. But seriously, everyone should try Physique!

--Sessa

G

hair products

Hi, know this is an old post, but new user here, LOL
since I seem to have scalp problems too, I started using a custom made all natural product, which has lavender, tea tree oil, etc in it and no SLS, <sodium laurel sulphate> it has been great for keeping my scalp clean, and then I can just use a bit of conditioner, what a difference its made! I no longer have itching, or suffer 'wig head' this same woman also makes a conditioner, but, since the scent is strong, i decided not to get it. I have the name of the woman if anybody wants it.
Mary Anne

G

hair products

Hi, know this is an old post, but new user here, LOL
since I seem to have scalp problems too, I started using a custom made all natural product, which has lavender, tea tree oil, etc in it and no SLS, <sodium laurel sulphate> it has been great for keeping my scalp clean, and then I can just use a bit of conditioner, what a difference its made! I no longer have itching, or suffer 'wig head' this same woman also makes a conditioner, but, since the scent is strong, i decided not to get it. I have the name of the woman if anybody wants it.
Mary Anne