Infernolife's Story

jb_infernolife

Reaction score
I am now at a norwood 4. I currently don't live a normal life and I use the word Inferno to describe what life is for me, most people can figure out the 4 letter word. Hairloss has changed my whole life, to put it one way. Without a beane (hat) I can't go almost anywhere. I can't go out when it is raining. I can't go out when it is windy at all. I can't do a lot of things with girls, without feeling terrible about my hair. It is kind of like my hat is a part of me now, and I am another man. So if you don't have hair so thin that you can't do almost anything, without it falling all over the place and looking like a wig, you should thank God your life is not this bad yet. The girl I was seeing said she just couldn't be with a guy my age and bald, which she eventually thinks I will be. One night she just went off about how different my hairloss makes my hair look now, how she misses what I used to look like, and how I should buy a ####ing wig, yeah, ouch.

I began losing my hair when I was 18 years old. At the time, I took minoxidil 2% for a year and realized I was going no where with it, even though the doctor told me to take it for a year before giving up on it.

My next treatment was Propecia. This was most likely the start of the burning in my life. The doctors told me to take it for a year and that's all we can do. I was optimistic about starting propecia since it costed $60 a month and I had to get another job to pay for it. I thought to myself, man this is the year. Nothing changed and I felt more hopeless than before.At this time I developed clinical depression. About a year later my girlfriend told me what was said at the beginning of my story and dumped me. I kept taking the propecia and tried a different minoxidil with it. My hair continued to get thinner and thinner. I started visiting forums and trying to do everything I could to stop my hairloss. I was told to stay on the treatments because it was the only thing I could do for now. My life continued to fall apart and my hairloss didn't stop. For the next six months I just had to try and live my life.

I then heard about a drug called Avodart. When I saw the pictures from the clinical trial and heard all of the information about it, I was so happy. I started to think about what it would be like to stop my hairloss and be able to feel good about my hair again. Finally they released the drug. I took the medication and waited the six month periord. After my hair continued to fall, my depression got worse and worse. I had to up my dose on my medicine for depression about double what I was taking before. I kept taking the Avodart and minoxidil so my hairloss would slow down just a tiny bit. I was back to where I was and I hadn't stopped my hairloss.

I started to wonder if there wasn't something else wrong with me. I kept looking at the forums and listening to what people had to say and taking my Avodart. Then one week I had to stay at a relatives house and forgot my Dutasteride. I noticed my hair didn't fall out near as much. So from then on I started taking Dutasteride about every 8 days. After a while I noticed my hairloss hadn't stopped? I was still getting balder and balder. I decided to stay where I was with the Dutasteride, because my hairloss wasn't as bad. I did this for over six months and decided if I didn't do soemthing very soon I would just go bald. I got on the net and read about Spirolactone. I started taking it and nothing changed. I then started taking 75mg instead of 25, which I had been taking. My hairloss continued and I decided to try 100mg of oral spironolactone everyday. My hairloss continued and my hair looked worse and worse. I was very worried because I had no idea why hairloss was getting worse. I had been to the doctor when my hairloss first started before, and I went again and my thyroid and other blood levels were in the normal range again.

I finally got to this website and this forum. I am currently taking minoxidil 5% every night, 100mg of Spirolactone every night, and Dutasteride once every 8-10 days.

I hope to see if anyone has had similar problems with the Dutasteride not stopping their hairloss, but if THEY HAVE FOUND TAKING IT EVERY 3 TO 10 DAYS HAS SLOWED THEIR HAIRLOSS DOWN, AND IF SO, IS THEIR HAIR GROWING BACK OR GETTING WORSE LIKE MINE ?

This is the story of INFERNOLIFE.

David Swissy

Reaction score
Hi

Hi Infernolife...

First of all, Im really sorry to hear all of the above.... This girl you mentioned wasnt worth knowing if all she was bothered about was your hair, although I dont want to say anything nasty about her in case I hurt your feelings even more...

You sound as if you are at a real low ebb and I dont know what to say to make you feel better about yourself...

Do you feel as if maybe you are reaching a stage when you could just accept having a thin head of hair?? It sounds as if your fight to grow your hair back is making you ill and depressed and is ruining your life.. I was wondering if you could maybe start thinking... "right.... this is me... okay so i havent got thick hair... but accept me for what I am world... or just get lost!!!"

I cant talk, because Im also using Regaine 5mg for a thin patch on top... but I just feel as if you are consumed in pain and depression and I think youve got to let it go to some extent and start living.. Anyone who is fickle enough to not like you because of your thin hair just isnt worth knowing in the first place....

Anyway... lets start off by having your real name and age... We cant call you Inferno-life.... then we can take it from there

Cheers

David (England)

jb_infernolife

Reaction score
My name is Brandon. I am 24 years old. I was a norwood 1 when I first started visiting the hairloss forums and now I am a norwood 4.

Last night when I washed my hair and then combed it, the time I notice the most hairloss, I thought to myself, this is why my should of been wife left me and why my life is gone for now. I just noticed tonight that I was on the wrong hairloss website last night. They were asking when we see the most fallout.

Then just today I got my haircut and had to listen to how thin my hair was and how I might as well just shave what i have left off! Note, this person doesn't even know my last name, ouch! Anyway, i just keep taking the hits and trying everything possible for my hairloss and trying to reverse it. I WILL NOT JUST GIVE UP AND LIVE WITH THIN HAIR, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT BY THE WAY?

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Brandon, your last post made no sense im confused. what web site were you on?

DovF

Reaction score
medications

You might want to see if some of the meds you take cause hairloss.
I heard that Prozac does.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
How long did you take propecia for? (tho you should have considered proscar, since it costs $100/year!)

I'm sorry to say this, but current treatments cannot give you your old hair back if the hairloss has gone too far - simply your hair follicles are packed to the bone with scar tissue. In this case transplants is the only recourse.

You might have to just shave your entire head, and say a big "F*CK YOU" to the world.