indyfan's story - (I'm back! (before and after hairloss)

indyfan

Reaction score
Hello Hairloss Talkers

I haven't been to these forums in years. I first joined back when I was 19 when I first started noticing I was shedding alot of hair. Everyone told me at the time "it's fine, don't worry about it, you're just stressed." Even my Dermatologist told me that. It kind of pisses me off now, cause I kinda ignored it and now I've lost quite a bit of hair (obvious male pattern baldness, judging by the loss pattern).

I've been through alot over the years, numerous break ups, brain tumor surgery, and weight gain. I stopped using rogaine after they found a brain tumor in my head because someone in my family threw out the idea that rogaine might have caused it. They still believe it to this day, but I'm still going to try to use it.

Here are some pictures of me, before and after hairloss.

20 year old me
n60714101_31028720_3249.jpg

and current 25 year old me
281868_250742031611778_100000279487886_1033035_5677106_n.jpg

So anyway, I'm hoping to beat this. Glad to be here again, have a good 2012 everyone.

T

TravisB

Re: I'm back! (before and after hairloss)

Cheers, you seem like a nice guy with positive attitude from these photos :D Shame that hairloss happened so fast, you basically had full mop of hair at 20. Now you still got some left. I think you could still try to fight it with finasteride and Rogaine. Don't expect too much on your receded hairline, but you could thicken your existing hair and maintain it if you wish.

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about the tumour, well done on beating it! Surely the idea that Rogaine caused it is ridiculous though? The short hair and facial hair look really suits you, looks masculine and makes the hair you've lost less obvious. If I were you I'd try the big three, but stick to that look.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score

dinosaur_sr said:
Sorry to hear about the tumour, well done on beating it! Surely the idea that Rogaine caused it is ridiculous though? The short hair and facial hair look really suits you, looks masculine and makes the hair you've lost less obvious. If I were you I'd try the big three, but stick to that look.

surely you're referring to the stubble and not the fake tash?????

T

TravisB

What fake tash? This mustache surely is real :laugh:

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score

stableforehead said:
dinosaur_sr said:

surely you're referring to the stubble and not the fake tash?????

Wait, it's fake? ;) yes, the stubble haha