Indole-3-carbinol Reduces Estradiol Formation In Men

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone who can't take finasteride due to sexual side effects, I think I may have found something that could help alleviate these sides. Feel free to correct me if any of this information is wrong, but here's my general understanding of why sexual side effects occur: Finasteride inhibits 5ar, which prevents DHT from forming by roughly 70%. If testosterone does not convert into DHT, it will convert into estrogen (estradiol) which is found to be elevated in many finasteride users with side effects. Estradiol is the most potent form of estrogen, and when it is elevated in men it can present feminzing effects (gyno, reduction of body hair, muscle loss, lack of libido).
Indole-3-Carbinol is a substance naturally found in cruciferous vegetables. Not only does it have antcarcinogenic and antioxidant effects, it most importantly reduces the formation of estradiol. I did a quick search - "I3C and hair loss" "I3C finasteride"... and found nothing. A user on reddit (tressless subreddit) just posted saying he started taking this after getting sexual side effects, and it has alleviated them. Does anyone know more about this? Why hasn't this been talked about? Might be worth exploring.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it with zinc and calcium d glucarate. It got rid of my numbness side effect but maybe the side effects just went away coincidentally.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried DIM in the past and I remember it causing a bit of a shed. Might give it Nother go to try and alleviate my dutasteride side effects. Or would I3C be better?

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
best thing is i3c also has a ppsitive effect for hairloss. google it

however..finasteride also works in the brain and alters the neurochemistry which also can lead to sides like ed. i3c wont help in that case

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else used DIM with success in regards to estrogenic side effects?