IndigoViolets Story- (22 /Norwood 2.5- Receder- 3 YEAR UPDATE)

indigoviolet

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking around these forums for around 5 months now and i have been taking propecia since 15/11/2007. I am 22.5 years old- started losing hair around 18- hair gone thinner, receeded alot and crown is thinning. It has been around 4.5 months, I wanted to post at 12 months but decided to ask your opinion on a couple of things:

Regime: 1.25mg propecia daily, Nizoral 1mg 3x Times a Week-

Family History: Dad- Massive Recession in mid-late 20's prob NW3 then held onto it... He's 60, thinning on crown but is not slick bald, just looks like recession. He's done well considering he receeded early
Grandfather on Mums side- Slick bald by 30. I believe he was diffuse thinner, not to certain.

Anyways my genetic fate is sealed- balding on both sides- depends on severity.

I believe I can see new growth on temples- its exciting, pictures I believe however do not show much difference if any!

My main problem is the following: Since 1.5 months ago I have been experiencing difficulty to achieve erection and libido problems. I am open minded, and believe that these did not occur in the first three months. Please do not tell me it is in my mind. My question to you guys is this: Is it ok to stop for 2 weeks to see if sides disappear? Or is it better to reduce the dose to say .5mg (I dont mind paying for normal propecia and cutting it). The third option is to drop it totally and thats up to me but i'd rather get your opinion for the first two questions:

Here is a pictoral diary:

4 years ago (18-19)

04hair.jpg

Baseline (Before Propecia)

baselinehair1.jpg

baselinehair2.jpg

Month 2 (Propecia)

month2crown.jpg

month2front1.jpg

month2front2.jpg

Month 4 (Propecia)

month4crown.jpg

month4front1.jpg

month4front2.jpg

month4front3.jpg

All comments welcomed :)

It's a bummer that I am having sides because I dont mind propecia at all. Would like to keep going but consider my sexual future more important.

amsch

Reaction score
Re: IndigoViolets Story- Norwood 2.5- Massive Receder, Crown Thinning

Hair looks pretty fine!

If i was you, i'd stick around with finasteride for about 1-2 months more and see if the sides disappear.
It seems like you have a lot of fine hair at the temples... Why not give rogaine a shot?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

I would also suggest throwing rogaine into the regime.

indigoviolet

Reaction score

Hi guys thanks for the advice

- I have dropped down to 1/8th proscar (around .65mg of finasteride) and the sides have dissapeared. So i'll be definately continuing on with finasteride. I'll try upping the dose back to 1.25mg soon and see what happens
- I'll consider minoxidil in 6 months time if im not happy with the results of finasteride. I just dont see myself being able to apply the stuff morning and night (cause im travelling alot).

indigoviolet

Reaction score
Re: IndigoViolets Story- (age 22,Norwood 2.5- Receder,Crown Thinning)

Hi Guys,

Thought I would post some of my results since I have been on finasteride for a while now. It's been 32 months since I started finasteride so this may interest people to see some fairly long term results. I'm still planning to keep on it since its so easy to use. Plus I dont have sides any more. I'm getting married soon so I'm not as worried as I used to be about hairloss. Anyway results are below.

Would appreciate comments! I'm turning 25 soon aswell.

Order of Photos:

2 YRS (24 Months)

1.5 YRS (18 Months)

1 YR (12 Months)

Attachments

• month12front1.jpg
    month12front1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 909
  • month12front2.jpg
    month12front2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 832
  • month18crown.jpg
    month18crown.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 923
  • month18front1.jpg
    month18front1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 893
  • month18front2.jpg
    month18front2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 887
  • month24crown.jpg
    month24crown.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 917
  • month24front1.jpg
    month24front1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 994

indigoviolet

Reaction score

32 MONTHS PICS BELOW

By the way I am back to normal proscar (1/4 tablet) per day. No sides, hairloss seems to keep happening at the front (temples). Like father, however could go totally bald like my grandfather. Who knows and too be honest it's not worth even worrying about!

Attachments

• month32crown.jpg
    month32crown.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 786
  • month32front1.jpg
    month32front1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 763
  • month32front2.jpg
    month32front2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 777
  • month32front3.jpg
    month32front3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 854

kaosi

Established Member
Reaction score

u take 1.25 mg . or u cut propecia in 8 piece .. congrats u have nice results u keep what u have ..

indigoviolet

Reaction score

I'm taking 1.25mg now... Back to normal dose

Curls

Reaction score
Re: IndigoViolets Story- age 22,Norwood 2.5- Receder- 32 MONTH UPDATE

Hair looks fine!

Also, thanks for the update, it's encouraging to read that those meds work out in the long run..

indigoviolet

Reaction score
Re: IndigoViolets Story- age 22,Norwood 2.5- Receder- 32 MONTH UPDATE

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would update you with a 3 Year Update

I think my hair is slowly going but I'm not too worried, I'm 25 now so the meds have been doing their job.

Let me know what you think!

Photos attached below