Increasing number of grey hairs

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently I've had an increase in the numbers of grey hairs on my head. I never used to have this many, so I'm wondering if this is a sign of something going on. I read about unpigmented hairs being regrowth hairs and I'm wondering if this is true in my case.

Should these grey hairs revert back to normal hairs in time?

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
I'm seeing this too. Have you done anything to help the situation?

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, vellus hairs are colorless.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I've not heard of hairs turning gray due to treatment. Sounds like Father Time to me.

sincityslicker

Reaction score
i dont know i think there might be something to this. I am 23 years old and I have been on treatmen with propecia and minoxidil. and i have noticed many grey hairs coming in.....

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
sincityslicker said:
i dont know i think there might be something to this. I am 23 years old and I have been on treatmen with propecia and minoxidil. and i have noticed many grey hairs coming in.....

that doesnt mean anything..

I have a 23 year old friend who is balding and has some grey hairs...he isnt on any treatments.

Pondle

Reaction score
Yeah it's just ageing. 23 is about the time when I started to notice my first grey hairs. Of course I didn't have male pattern baldness back then.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's just aging. I am getting pepper gray on the sides (am 40) and all my new regrowth hair is NOT gray.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been getting the occasional grey since I was like 18. so has my sister. it's ramped up a bit recently. think I should quit smoking/masturbating/shampoo?