Increased my oral minoxidil dosage, lost progress?

platinums

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on 1mg oral minoxidil for 3 months with solid progress - short fuzzy hair was growing in and it looked so much better cosmetically.

My doctor recommended increasing to their standard dose of 2.5mg since I had no side effects, which I've been taking for the last month. Unfortunately it seems like the fuzzy hair is disappearing again and my scalp feels tight and sore to touch again like it did prior to starting minoxidil.

Since I take personalised pills, is there a chance that the compounding pharmacy forgot to add the minoxidil to the compounded pill? (1mg finasteride, 2.5mg minoxidil, vit E, Iron, Biotin, etc) or is that highly unlikely?

I'm a little bit paranoid about this happening because they make my pills in 3 month batches, and 3 months without minoxidil would be devastating for me due to a simple mistake by them

Last edited:

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
hi do you get unwanted body hair from it at 1 mg?
116942.jpg

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on 1mg oral minoxidil for 3 months with solid progress - short fuzzy hair was growing in and it looked so much better cosmetically.

My doctor recommended increasing to their standard dose of 2.5mg since I had no side effects, which I've been taking for the last month. Unfortunately it seems like the fuzzy hair is disappearing again and my scalp feels tight and sore to touch again like it did prior to starting minoxidil.

Since I take personalised pills, is there a chance that the compounding pharmacy forgot to add the minoxidil to the compounded pill? (1mg finasteride, 2.5mg minoxidil, vit E, Iron, Biotin, etc) or is that highly unlikely?

I'm a little bit paranoid about this happening because they make my pills in 3 month batches, and 3 months without minoxidil would be devastating for me due to a simple mistake by them

Do you get this from The Hairy Pill?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I wouldn't be concerned that they left out your minoxidil. They seem to be really on the ball in their formulations. Keep in mind that it's possible that your hair is shedding. Which is defo a good sign.

Did they offer you sublingual minoxidil?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the hairy pill recommend the dosage of 2.5 mg? this is dr sinclair right? he sees a lot of side effect at this dosage? hypertrichosis/ water retention, etc?

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score

Did u ask to the doctor why this happened ? I’ m curious too. I can understand the shedding but how increasing minoxidil dosage can cause symptoms like soreness of the scalp, this is a dht related effect. We need a doctor to explain this