Increased dihydrotestosterone while taking finasteride

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not quite understand. After all, in the previous comment you wrote that you are doing topical bicalutamide.

I could only find bicalutamide tablets on the Internet. I understand there is a powder from which you can make a mixture. But I don't understand where people get instructions on how to mix properly to get topical bicalutamide or RU58841.

Are you still using topical bicalutamide? How long is it enough? I.e. I mean, you bought a bag of powder (I don't know how many grams there are), and how much is enough for you. A month, two, less?
Currently I am using topical bica. I have tablets that I crush and mix in ethanol. I only need to use about one tablet every week or so. I used to use RU. Look up “hellouser RU58841 guide” on YouTube

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently I am using topical bica. I have tablets that I crush and mix in ethanol. I only need to use about one tablet every week or so. I used to use RU. Look up “hellouser RU58841 guide” on YouTube
So, you stopped ru only because of the price or do you think bica is giving you better results?

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You say that bicalutamide is comparable to RU in terms of effect and cheaper, I would prefer to use it.

If it's not difficult for you, you can describe how you mix everything in what dosage, etc. Please)

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you stopped ru only because of the price or do you think bica is giving you better results?
Results seem about the same. Not only the price, but convenience. I was on RU twice daily because it’s half life is only 1h. Bica can be used once a week.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1% solution in 100% pure ethanol.
Sorry, I didn't quite understand. 1% solution of what?

You wrote above that you have enough for a week. What do you have in mind? Do you have enough for a week of this mix? Or apply the topical bicalutamide to the scalp once a week?

And what about ethanol, it dries and irritates the scalp. Won't that make things worse?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
The idea is to make a solution that contains a 1% concentration of bicalutamide. That means 10mg per 1mL. For example, minoxidil is 5%, or 50mg per 1mL.

I am saying that a couple of mL will last you a week or two since you only need to apply it once a week. Ethanol on the scalp once per week will not be a problem. Keep in mind RU and minoxidil also contain about 70% ethanol. I was applying that sh*t twice a day for years.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1% solution in 100% pure ethanol. Crush the tablet into powder. If using one 50mg tablet, then add 5mL of ethanol. That’s i

The idea is to make a solution that contains a 1% concentration of bicalutamide. That means 10mg per 1mL. For example, minoxidil is 5%, or 50mg per 1mL.

I am saying that a couple of mL will last you a week or two since you only need to apply it once a week. Ethanol on the scalp once per week will not be a problem. Keep in mind RU and minoxidil also contain about 70% ethanol. I was applying that sh*t twice a day for years.
You said in one of your previous posts that bica can counteract the sides of finasteride. and that works through a different pathway.Do you think bica was effective for your hair loss?You are on OM,finasteride and bica right?

Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said in one of your previous posts that bica can counteract the sides of finasteride. and that works through a different pathway.Do you think bica was effective for your hair loss?
I don't think that's what I said. Maybe I said something like the increase in T is meaningless since bica blocks the receptor altogether. But so far it's helping me maintain. Not a game changer, but a practical solution to the shortcomings of RU. I really do like RU because it actually is stronger, but its half life is sooo short and so you have to apply it often. Which makes you have to spend a sh*t ton of money. Hopefully pyrilutamide will be the solution we are looking for.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results seem about the same. Not only the price, but convenience. I was on RU twice daily because it’s half life is only 1h. Bica can be used once a week.
I think I'm trying ru since dutas cant stop the hair loss. I just wanna maintain since pyri get released (finger crossed), but if I get sides with ru I'll try bica.

Last edited:

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How long did it take for you to notice a positive effect? For example, the effect of minoxidil is noticeable after 3-4 months (yes, each person is different, but one way or another, the average result is the same), but minoxidil is used twice a day. The situation with bicalutamide, as I understand it, is different and the first effect is noticeable later?

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In my country, a generic bicalutamide is sold - called bicalutamide-teva, but it is film-coated. This is problem?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for you to notice a positive effect? For example, the effect of minoxidil is noticeable after 3-4 months (yes, each person is different, but one way or another, the average result is the same), but minoxidil is used twice a day. The situation with bicalutamide, as I understand it, is different and the first effect is noticeable later?
I would say that almost all hair loss treatments seem to take at least 3 months before you will start to notice results. Bicalutamide is no different. I believe that time frame coincides with a new hair cycle.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am honestly not sure. I don't have coated tablets.

I understand topical finasteride is done in exactly the same way? Just сrush them and stir in ethanol?

P.S. Thank you for your responses. after I saw my tests and realized that most likely finasteride does not work on me, I was not myself. Now I have more options that I can try.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that's what I said. Maybe I said something like the increase in T is meaningless since bica blocks the receptor altogether. But so far it's helping me maintain. Not a game changer, but a practical solution to the shortcomings of RU. I really do like RU because it actually is stronger, but its half life is sooo short and so you have to apply it often. Which makes you have to spend a sh*t ton of money. Hopefully pyrilutamide will be the solution we are looking for.
In what way you think ru was stronger for you?