Increase Finasteride Dose To Stop Increased Shedding ??

should i increase dose to every day instead of every other day

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • yes for a month only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
As the title suggest, im currently on finasteride every other day since febuary 27, that makes about 4 months now and in the results have been good. However, in the past 3 weeks to a month from today ive gone through a crazy shedding period. Im wondering if increasing my dose to every day would stop my shedding and then once my hair stabilizes in say a month or so, go back to every other day ?

has anyone tried doing this ? i spoke with my Doctor and he said since i havent had any sides the recommended dose is every day but some patients do well on every other day. he did recommend it though it. so im wondering if anyone has had sucess with this ? im not sure if this is just a seasonal shed or not ? ive been on minoxidil for years, LLLT for about 1 yr, and just got a transplant done exactly 6 months ago ...

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
i heard about it happening especially when you changed it, and the change can cause a shedding phase.

i havent changed anything yet ? did you read my post ? im asking if increasing to every day instead of taking it every other day will stop my increased shedding in the past month or so

james555

Reaction score
sorry, its 3am and was dozy lol

I was trying to say, that a change can cause a shedding on top of it, and that taking it everyday can possibly stop shedding as you are taking it in a more constant way. if that makes sense?

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry, its 3am and was dozy lol

I was trying to say, that a change can cause a shedding on top of it, and that taking it everyday can possibly stop shedding as you are taking it in a more constant way. if that makes sense?

yes it does make sense, and im sorry i was a little rude there. do you think doing it every day for 2 weeks or maybe a month can help or is it too short of a time ? and then do minor increments back to every other day if it works ?

pretty happy with the results so far just dont wanna keep loosing 50+ hairs every time i apply minoxidil, when i started finasteride and for like 3 months i was shedding only like 10 to 15 hairs on every minoxidil application plus whatever i loose in the shower, etc that was prettty stable for me anyway

kenny1999

Reaction score
I don't have experience for three months. I've been on the drugs for one month only and I
ve experienced more hair loss, but it's a sign of working. The lost hair will come back

james555

Reaction score
I think you would need to do it longer term if this is to even help. I don't really support finasteride so I am hesitant to say more - but my friend said he had good results so I guess its a hit and miss. my advice is also to look at the nutrition you are taking, increase collagen intake and reduce inflammatory foods (sugar/fat/carbs) as this feeds inflammation, and inflammation is what causes hair loss too. but i know this is arguable, but this is how I see it.

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you would need to do it longer term if this is to even help. I don't really support finasteride so I am hesitant to say more - but my friend said he had good results so I guess its a hit and miss. my advice is also to look at the nutrition you are taking, increase collagen intake and reduce inflammatory foods (sugar/fat/carbs) as this feeds inflammation, and inflammation is what causes hair loss too. but i know this is arguable, but this is how I see it.

thanks for your reply, the thing is with me i had a transplant about 6 months ago and started shedding like crazy 2 months after (not the transplanted hairs but the ones that had not fallen out yet) so i got on finasteride every other day to prevent further loss. I didnt shedd almost anything after 2 weeks of being on it, and had tremendous growth up untill 1 month ago, when i was 5 months post op and about 3 months on finasteride. At that point ive started a crazy shedding cycle that has been going on for a month now and idk what to do.

can shedding start after 4 months of finasteride? how long does it usually last