In the span of 2 yos, my brotherwent from a NW1 to NW6. I'm terrified about my future

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
In the span of 2 yo, my brother went from a NW1 to NW6. I'm terrified about my future

Title says it all. My brother who is 2 years older than me went from a head full of thick, silky hair with a Norwood 0/1 hairline to a Norwood 6. He shunned any treatment and now hates his baldness and regrets not getting treated. When we were younger, my brother was getting poon like mad. Everyone who knew both of us wanted to bang my brother now he cant even bang a fat chick.

I have been on dutasteride+finasteride for a year and have kept my hair loss at bay but it terrifies me that this is my eventual destiny. I'm 24 years old and have started thinning at 22 and started treatment right before i turned 23. The s**t part of this is that my dad is 65 and has a head full of thick hair with not a single gray hair and no balding whatsoever.

Genetics are a cruel thing.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your brother should give treatments a try even though he is in bad shape. Who knows what might happen since his hair loss is fairly recent? As far as you are concerned unfortunately there is no way to predict what will happen to you. At least you are doing everything you can by proactively treating your hair loss. Really that's all you can do.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
Your brother should give treatments a try even though he is in bad shape. Who knows what might happen since his hair loss is fairly recent? As far as you are concerned unfortunately there is no way to predict what will happen to you. At least you are doing everything you can by proactively treating your hair loss. Really that's all you can do.

Well, I inherited my fathers hair (color, texture, roughness, etc...) but I noticed my hair thinning in a Norwood 6 pattern before I went on meds. I could see the horseshoe outline forming. Meds have staved off hair loss but hasn't helped me regain the hair ive lost. I know that eventually, it will catch up to me as my temple continues to recede, though extremely slowly.

It just pisses me off to no extent that I'm dealing with this in my early 20s despite the fact there isnt a single damn bald person in my entire living family. How the hell did I even get the gene for this ****

G550NDH

Reaction score
I know the feeling mate. My dad is 50 with no hair loss whatsoever however i began losing my hair at 21. I have the exact same hair he has. I think i have inherited the ****ing **** of a gene from my mums side. My mums brother has quite a bit of hair loss. I just pray my 16 year old brother doesn't lose his hair. No one should have to go through the depression one gets over hair loss

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the feeling mate. My dad is 50 with no hair loss whatsoever however i began losing my hair at 21. I have the exact same hair he has. I think i have inherited the ****ing **** of a gene from my mums side. My mums brother has quite a bit of hair loss. I just pray my 16 year old brother doesn't lose his hair. No one should have to go through the depression one gets over hair loss

No hope he does cause its awful being the ugly brother especially when you're older

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It just pisses me off to no extent that I'm dealing with this in my early 20s despite the fact there isnt a single damn bald person in my entire living family. How the hell did I even get the gene for this ****

Are you sure your father is really your father? Perhaps your mother has been harboring a secret?

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your father is really your father? Perhaps your mother has been harboring a secret?

Hahaja, your not the first whose said this but the answer is no, my mom is not....how can I put it....a sexual or romantic person. Plus I have both my mom and dads features pretty visibly.

nobody on both of my sides of the family is bald. All pictures of my moms father have him with hair but he Died a long time ago, way before I was born. Apparently though, my mom said he did go bald but not till he got to his 50s/60s. My moms brother is in his 40s and has a beautiful thick head full of hair.

I dont know why it happened so young to me and my brother

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
I went from NW0/NW1 to NW6 in a bit more than a year. I started noticing a slight hairline recession at 26, and by 27, almost 28, I had to shave my head. The change in my life was drastic: I went from having attractive girls available all the time, dating, etc. to being completely ignored by females. I can only bang the ocassional fat chick at the club, when we are all drunk.

It was so fast that it didn´t even give me time to learn and do something about it. I started with Propecia and Minoxidil a month ago though, my doctor explained to me that I could see benefit from it, since the balding started recently. Hopefully she is right, and I can get a decent part of my hair back --or all of it :p -.

Tell your brother to do something about it too, as he can still benefit from treatment. Being bald will ruin your life; I'm a young successful man, but there are no girls interested in me, except from the ones that no man in his right mind would touch. It's tough being bald when it comes to dating, money doesn't even balance it out. It's just like being a 60 year old: no girl in their 20s will be interested in you, except from the really ugly, the crazy or the hookers who want to get paid.

My idea is to try treatment for a year, and see how that goes. If it doesn't work I might get a system.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
Man that is depressing to read.

I always figured id be screwed if I went bald. Hair frames my face in such a nice way. I never looked good with even short hair let alone slick bald