In the end, what's the best way to apply liquid Minoxidil??

BonnieElken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep hearing lots of different opinions.

Some say that you should use a dropper. Others say that you should use a q tip.

I heard that you should rub it in using your fingers, but also that you should let it dry on its own.

Some people say that you should apply it on a dry scalp, but I keep hearing that it's better to use it on a damp, freshly showered head.

I mean, what am I supposed to do? :(
So far I've been using a dropper, massaging the liquid with a tiny piece of clingfilm on my finger.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
I would say the spray applicator is by far the best. I used to buy a version that used a dropper, and it would always result in a 'river' of liquid running down my forehead. With the spray you get an even distribution. If your version does not use the spray applicator, buy something for a dollar at a drug store.

As a female maybe you dont need or want to use any 'piercing' device such as a derma-roller, but the studies do show it helps the minoxidil do its job better. And as someone who tried derma-rollers in the past (they break, they get mucky) I will offer up a seemingly bizarre alternative: tape a knitting pin to just about anything (toothpick, mini screw-driver) and use that instead for 60 seconds. It strings a bit on the crown, but hardly painful. I have gotten the best results ever using this method. I can actually touch the top of my head with my palm and not feel any bare scalp.

BonnieElken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the spray applicator is by far the best. I used to buy a version that used a dropper, and it would always result in a 'river' of liquid running down my forehead. With the spray you get an even distribution. If your version does not use the spray applicator, buy something for a dollar at a drug store.

As a female maybe you dont need or want to use any 'piercing' device such as a derma-roller, but the studies do show it helps the minoxidil do its job better. And as someone who tried derma-rollers in the past (they break, they get mucky) I will offer up a seemingly bizarre alternative: tape a knitting pin to just about anything (toothpick, mini screw-driver) and use that instead for 60 seconds. It strings a bit on the crown, but hardly painful. I have gotten the best results ever using this method. I can actually touch the top of my head with my palm and not feel any bare scalp.
Not female, but soon-to-be trans girl. My cans came with a spray cap, but people on forums told me to buy a dropper, and so I did. My hair is kinda long and I was afraid that the spray would waste the product.

Are you sure about the toothpick method? It kinda seems like a cheap unhealthy way of replacing a dermaroller °_°

jamesrav2

Reaction score
Not female, but soon-to-be trans girl. My cans came with a spray cap, but people on forums told me to buy a dropper, and so I did. My hair is kinda long and I was afraid that the spray would waste the product.

Are you sure about the toothpick method? It kinda seems like a cheap unhealthy way of replacing a dermaroller °_°
not using a toothpick, just taping the needle to a toothpick (or a pencil, or just something thats larger and easier to hold than a needle itself). Spray is best for diffuse in my opinion, you can always spray and then use your fingers to spread it. Buy 3 bottles at a time , it doesnt get cheaper than that.