In The Edge Of Falling To Propecia...

Hopel3ss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im 30 years old man who has now the big question:

Whether or not I should take the fina?

I have read thousands of posts and some forums are quite shocking. But in here it seems like people are much more positive towards finasterid.

I have quite good hair now but suddenly like a week a ago I started to feel "inchiness" in my crown. Temples has always been the only problem but the same "inchiness" has been in my temples before and now Im really afraid that the crown will start the same process.

I have used rogaine 1,5 years with excellent results: my temples grow back significantly and have been stable since. I just don't want to go to the road where I have to foam my temples AND crown every day.

Im pleased in my outfit and I think that this is the "last moment" to really try the fina if I still want to keep this nice hair.

Questions:

1. Would it be better to start Propecia 0,5mg first 2-3 weeks and then change to 1 mg?

2. I had a mild gyno when I was teenager. I have also felt "inchiness" before in my nipples when I was younger after quite excessive alcohol related partying. Could these two indicate that I have naturally high estrogen levels and fina could not be the right choise for me?

3. Do you recommend bloodtests before? If I take bloodtest - what should I measure? My DHT -levels?

4. Please give me any realistic views of what would you do in my situation? I have a beutiful wife and childrens. I dont have any "social related" pressure and I think that I can manage even with the extremely short buzz cut. But this is the last moment for me (I know, soon the Crown fill start fall more).

5. If I start fina now - will it work only after 3-6 months so the next 3 months can potentially make more harm if I dont react as soon as possible?

Thank you guys very much. This appeared to be extremely big and hard question for me lthought I always thought I can just shave my head and carry on.

My biggest fear is those mental and sexual sides. Im just so happy no in general except for this hair issue.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im 30 years old man who has now the big question:

Whether or not I should take the fina?

I have read thousands of posts and some forums are quite shocking. But in here it seems like people are much more positive towards finasterid.

I have quite good hair now but suddenly like a week a ago I started to feel "inchiness" in my crown. Temples has always been the only problem but the same "inchiness" has been in my temples before and now Im really afraid that the crown will start the same process.

I have used rogaine 1,5 years with excellent results: my temples grow back significantly and have been stable since. I just don't want to go to the road where I have to foam my temples AND crown every day.

Im pleased in my outfit and I think that this is the "last moment" to really try the fina if I still want to keep this nice hair.

Questions:

1. Would it be better to start Propecia 0,5mg first 2-3 weeks and then change to 1 mg?

2. I had a mild gyno when I was teenager. I have also felt "inchiness" before in my nipples when I was younger after quite excessive alcohol related partying. Could these two indicate that I have naturally high estrogen levels and fina could not be the right choise for me?

3. Do you recommend bloodtests before? If I take bloodtest - what should I measure? My DHT -levels?

4. Please give me any realistic views of what would you do in my situation? I have a beutiful wife and childrens. I dont have any "social related" pressure and I think that I can manage even with the extremely short buzz cut. But this is the last moment for me (I know, soon the Crown fill start fall more).

5. If I start fina now - will it work only after 3-6 months so the next 3 months can potentially make more harm if I dont react as soon as possible?

Thank you guys very much. This appeared to be extremely big and hard question for me lthought I always thought I can just shave my head and carry on.

My biggest fear is those mental and sexual sides. Im just so happy no in general except for this hair issue.

Go for it. Sides are very rare (besides watery semen, which seems pretty common), and sides that don't go away after cessation are super rare. Getting your bloodwork done is a good idea, ask for all your sex hormones plus SBHG (sex-hormone binding hemoglobin). I would recommend some mild hormone balancers while on fina, specifically DIM, cycled arimistane, cycled tongkat ali (look for Indonesian pasak bumi), Ashwagandha and a zinc supplement. Maca root also has good sexual effects on me though as far as I can tell it doesn't actually cause hormonal changes, and tribulus terrestris also has good sexual affects and seems to thicken up my semen lol (I'm obsessive and fascinated by this subject, you don't need to try all these supps like I have though lol, do your research and pick one or two, I would advise DIM, zinc and/or Ashwagandha). As for a realistic view, fact is going bald sucks, and sooner or later minoxidil is going to stop protecting you. I had good results for years on minoxidil as well, but the Androgenetic Alopecia beast will get you. If your hair is important to you, you should try fina. I don't understand what you mean by #5.

Hopel3ss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have now started Propecia and I have took only two pills. Seems that my mind is making huge problems and stress, although I have tried to "forget" the whole pill.

Day 1: I felt after 8-10 hours after taking the pill some kind of strange feelings in my balls. No actual pain, but definitely some feelings.

Day 2: extremely bad night sleep. I felt the same testicular feelings (I would not call it PAIN) and the most concering was that my body was quite bloated and I felt some kind of soreness in my nipples/chest. Because my whole body was quite bloated also I felt like my nipples and breasts were in general very "watery".

My sex drive was also low, but I am sure that it was because of the stress regarding the sides. I jerked off a few times, a lot off "stuff" came out as normal and my dick was hard (can't believe I wrote this kind of things here, lol).

I understand that these are 99 % sure mostly in my head. Few questions still:

1. How long should I tolerate the soreness in my testicles? I understood that this is quite common side in the beginning. The feeling when my balls were slightly hurting due to this drug really made me think "is this worth it?".

2. Is it even possible that my estrogen levels increased massively (nipple "soreness") only during these two days?

3. Do you think that the worst case is to drop this now and continue when my mind is more ready for this. I mean is it harmfull for my body to start the process of stabilization again in the future (i.e after a few weeks)? Going back and forth sounds like it can lead to problems in my hormons because my body is changing and reversing and changing and reversing all the time. I made a mistake starting Propecia now because I have had a special week: 3-4 hours of sleep for 4 days. I was already tired and stressful - this also has effected on my mind. I guess I could stabilize my sleeping now and when my holiday starts after 2 weeks I could continue this drug. Sounds ok? I guess my mind is more stable then when I don't have this lack of sleep.

4. My DHT levels should be decreased immidiately now after first pill. If I drop now - will DHT increase to the base level before taking the drug or could my body just "decide" to create new DHT level (ie. 10 % higher than before or 10 % lower than before?).

Thank you very much. I really tried to act like "I don't read forums, I believe in my Doctor and official surveys that this is a safe drug" but when the first noticable effects after these pills came I almost right away forgot this attitude...

Thank you for your kind and wize words :)

Last edited:

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride about 3 weeks and had similar effects in the first few days and week. My testy pain lasted for about a week and a half and has gone away. I also felt a little brain fogged in the first few days probably from stress about taking it. I also had a few bad nights of sleep possibly also related to stress from starting. All of that has gone away. As far as gyno nothing yet. I lowered my dose to .25 EOD and slowly have worked to now at .5 a day. I may increase dose but after taking 1mg for a few days and having the sleep and brain fog problems I thought I would rather let my body adjust more slowly. I say if anything try lowering dose and slowly increasing. That will probably give you the peace of mind to avoid any placebo sides and allow your body to adjust better. If you keep having sides after a few weeks thats when I would stop.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have now started Propecia and I have took only two pills. Seems that my mind is making huge problems and stress, although I have tried to "forget" the whole pill.

Day 1: I felt after 8-10 hours after taking the pill some kind of strange feelings in my balls. No actual pain, but definitely some feelings.

Day 2: extremely bad night sleep. I felt the same testicular feelings (I would not call it PAIN) and the most concering was that my body was quite bloated and I felt some kind of soreness in my nipples/chest. Because my whole body was quite bloated also I felt like my nipples and breasts were in general very "watery".

My sex drive was also low, but I am sure that it was because of the stress regarding the sides. I jerked off a few times, a lot off "stuff" came out as normal and my dick was hard (can't believe I wrote this kind of things here, lol).

I understand that these are 99 % sure mostly in my head. Few questions still:

1. How long should I tolerate the soreness in my testicles? I understood that this is quite common side in the beginning. The feeling when my balls were slightly hurting due to this drug really made me think "is this worth it?".

2. Is it even possible that my estrogen levels increased massively (nipple "soreness") only during these two days?

3. Do you think that the worst case is to drop this now and continue when my mind is more ready for this. I mean is it harmfull for my body to start the process of stabilization again in the future (i.e after a few weeks)? Going back and forth sounds like it can lead to problems in my hormons because my body is changing and reversing and changing and reversing all the time. I made a mistake starting Propecia now because I have had a special week: 3-4 hours of sleep for 4 days. I was already tired and stressful - this also has effected on my mind. I guess I could stabilize my sleeping now and when my holiday starts after 2 weeks I could continue this drug. Sounds ok? I guess my mind is more stable then when I don't have this lack of sleep.

4. My DHT levels should be decreased immidiately now after first pill. If I drop now - will DHT increase to the base level before taking the drug or could my body just "decide" to create new DHT level (ie. 10 % higher than before or 10 % lower than before?).

Thank you very much. I really tried to act like "I don't read forums, I believe in my Doctor and official surveys that this is a safe drug" but when the first noticable effects after these pills came I almost right away forgot this attitude...

Thank you for your kind and wize words :)

If you want to be successful, take the pill (.25mg/.5mg per day is almost as successful as 1mg so you can stay in this area) and forget about it. Stop the analyzing. You can try the supplements that were suggested to you. If you are not ready or overly anxious, then do not take it. Save up for a hair transplant and use some alternative therapies (like red light/LLT therapy, saw palmetto, etc.).

Hopel3ss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. I stopped the drug 3 days ago and the feelings in my testicles have now stopped 99 %. Also the symptoms of high raise in estrogen (extremely swollen body, itchy feelings around breasts area) have also 80 % gone.

Now I will clear my head. Two pills of Propecia could not have ruined me for good. I have to find the right mood and get rid off this extremely excessive anxious mind. Sex with my wife and semen are 100 % like before. For some reason my load is quite huge - maybe Propecia gave the order to produce more sperm to my balls.

It's hard to know that I am in the last mark to retain my beautiful hair. I guess I can make the transplant in the future and now just stop the stress and try to accept. Hair has always been important for me but of course we all should try to put these cosmetical things in the right scale.

There is a lot of debate about is 0,25 mg or 0,5 mg the same regarding the sides. I guess after one month I will make my last try: 0,25 Propecia per day and see if my body will manage this. First I will take my bloodtests - I didn't take them last week due to this whimsy sudden decision to try P....

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been on finasteride for years, only sides were achey balls for a week.
a lot of sides are all in the mind. i suspect if you had slipped 25mg finasteride into the drink of someone who suffered "Massive sides, PFS hell, no libido, dick shrank, massive brain fog" that they wouldn't notice a thing.