In just 2 weeks my hairline/temples have been rocked!!!

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while since i've updated, i'm 4.5 months into propecia, about 10 months using nizoral. Anyways, havn't really been on this board the past 2 months because my hair was doing quite well. I was having good hair days nearly all the time. About two weeks ago i noticed my hair wasn't combing good at all, and always looked kinda frizzy and shitty. It was pissing me off, so i got my hair cut yesterday (earlier than usual) and notice that my right temple has thinned back about the area of a dime. As well the hair all along my hairline sits like crap. All fluffy and really weak. Also it looks kinda brown again in the light, opposed to being so black the past two months... Must be a shed, but man....it was going all good for 2 solid months, and now this... man its like it happened overnight!...argghhh....

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the hair itself looks weaker, that is not characteristic of a shed. That is a noted degradation in hair quality, ie, progression of male pattern baldness. 4.5 months really isn't a long time to be on propecia, and it could be that its just kicking in now and your hair will hold, but you may want to consider adding something to your routine, such as minoxidil or spironolactone.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're in a shed, less hair on your head will look and seem weaker because they are standing different. How many guys have you seen with pretty diffuse hair but *excellent* hair quality? None.

Same thing is happening to me.. and it's about time for a shed anyways if you are that 4.5 month mark.. hold on, it'll come back.

I'm going through the same thing .. 12 month mark and huge shed.. thinning like hell all over. Last 2 months were some of the best hair days i've had in a long time. I also had a shed at the 2-4 month mark as well.. once the shedding started ceasing the hair cosmetics seemed to turned around quickly.

Put on some toppik and hope it'll cease soon.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Diddy

My hair did not look visibly healthier and thichen up until i add spironolactone cream.