In Desperate Need Of Advice On Scalp Anti-inflammation!! Please!!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn

pics of your hair man or these threads are just stories from a crazy person

sorry dude, didn't mean to call you annoying, I am in a bad mood. Your boner jokes make me lol. haha ;)

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry dude, didn't mean to call you annoying, I am in a bad mood. Your boner jokes make me lol. haha ;)

no your right mate ive gone too far...

im just amusing myself in this ridiculous situation we all find ourselves

i mean all you wanted to do was treat some fairly minor hairloss with a very 'safe and effective' drug. now you have lost most of your hair, have unbearable inflammation that no one can relate to (bar dench) and have more libido than a 14 year old kid.

as horrible as this must be for you, and i really dont mean to laugh at your misfortune, it is really is hilarious.

you couldnt write this sh*t

i do actually some scalp inflammation myself, not as bad as yours obviously, but i do have it. and it is annoying as f***. i couldnt imagine living with it 24/7 ffs.

i honestly hope you fix all this sh*t somehow man

i can only advise trying to have a sense of humor about it all in the meantime....it helps with me

id f*****g kill myself otherwise

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
my trolling is meant to lift both our spirits man

im not sure what else to do at this point

the thinning in my donor is so f*****g bad right now its almost as thin as my balding on top

i will have like 6 hairs left on my scalp in less than 10 years time

truly revolting

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my trolling is meant to lift both our spirits man

im not sure what else to do at this point

the thinning in my donor is so f*****g bad right now its almost as thin as my balding on top

i will have like 6 hairs left on my scalp in less than 10 years time

truly revolting

honestly, it does dude.. I was just tired and pissed off at everyone.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
will everyone shut the f*** up? I mean please? This post is about horrendous, unbearable scalp inflammation and methods to remedy it... not about your critiquing my rotting birds nest.

It would b helpful for people like myself who believe inflammation is one of the keys to addressing hair loss. Would be interesting to see how much this inflammation has affected your hair and if permanent transplanted hair is affected. There are many here that still will claim scalp itching and inflammation and scalp conditions do not affect hair loss.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would b helpful for people like myself who believe inflammation is one of the keys to addressing hair loss. Would be interesting to see how much this inflammation has affected your hair and if permanent transplanted hair is affected. There are many here that still will claim scalp itching and inflammation and scalp conditions do not affect hair loss.

no, inflammation does not affect hair loss, it happens BECAUSE of hair loss. Androgens are raping my scalp (because of finasteride) directly causing my hair to fall out and miniaturize... inflammation is a response to the injury. That's what I believe. Why else would finasteride cause such immediate and direct inflammation, only in the NW7 pattern?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no, inflammation does not affect hair loss, it happens BECAUSE of hair loss. Androgens are raping my scalp (because of finasteride) directly causing my hair to fall out and miniaturize... inflammation is a response to the injury. That's what I believe. Why else would finasteride cause such immediate and direct inflammation, only in the NW7 pattern?

It's probably something else. I'll PM you want I think it could be.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably another futile post, but I HAVE to keep trying. I tried finasteride for a year in 2015 which caused unexplainable inflammation, which continues to this day.

It's unbearable. I can't cope with this.

Now, it is this INTENSE pressure throughout the entire hair line. Like blood is just rushing to the area all the time. Burning also. I have itching and crawling through midscalp and crown, which basically stops on the sides and back in the NW7 pattern. Still losing way too much hair throughout.

Here's what I've tried religiously.

-minoxidil
-stemox
-antiinflammatory supplements - curcumin, tumeric, etc...
- sprays - metaderm

The only thing that ACTUALLY works is drinking, which I cannot continue to do. If I don't drink, my nights are a nightmare just because of the horrendous inflammation.

Hey buck. I was gonna make a new thread or PM you but then I found this thread. I'd like to weigh in.

A few questions off the top:

1) Have you had blood tests for thyroid, cholesterol, zinc, iron, B12 and how were the results? Thyroid imbalances can cause diffuse hair loss, and zinc/iron/B12 deficiencies can as well. I ask about cholesterol because of all the news about heart attacks and hair loss, and so not only could you be on pathway to diffuse hair loss at this rate, but possibly a heart attack. And if your cholesterol is poor, theoretically it could be affecting blood flow to your scalp, the same way it impairs flow to the heart and leads to a heart attack.

2) Is your hair loss still following a generally androgenic pattern? I know you are now thinning to your horseshoe as well, but some men with aggressive baldness get this. Still, if it is following a generally androgenic pattern, you will be baldest on top of your head. I presume this is still the case?

3) What age did you start balding at and how old are you now?

4) How is your lifestyle? Do you smoke? What is your BMI? Do you eat a lot of fried foods, junk, sugar? Do you get a significant amount of veggies and home cooked food each day?

I would appreciate your answers on all the above to provide further context. However, regardless, it sounds like you are likely suffering from very aggressive male pattern baldness itch and inflammation. I think you have very insanely aggressive balding. Most likely if nothing is done you will end up almost completely hairless, even to the horseshoe. But I doubt it is not fixable.

It really depends on how you want to approach controlling the situation. As we all know, androgenic hair loss is caused by DHT (and with 1/3-1/5th the strength testosterone) binding to the androgen receptors in the scalp, causing an inflammatory cascade that damages hair, creates itching/inflammation, and leads to baldness.

If I were you, the number one agent I would try next is dutasteride. Dutasteride would reduce your scalp DHT by >70%. This could conceivably then cut your scalp inflammation in half. As a single agent, it would be the simplest and easiest to try with a potentially big benefit. If you don't tolerate it due to side effects, you can always stop. If your inflammation is completely unaffected or does not improve, then this would potentially suggest that there is something else wrong and this is not a purely androgenic issue.

You stated you tried RU and it was ineffective. At what dose and volume were you applying it? RU has a likely scalp half life of somewhere on the order of 5 hours and it is not that powerful. For aggressive hair loss, I would not expect a significant effect without at least 7.5-10% RU 2 mL twice a day. If you have not tried this high of a dose, and can afford it, this would be another good option to consider, even in combination with dutasteride. Dutasteride will leave 30% of your scalp DHT in tact and all your scalp test to still bind to your hair follicles. If your hair loss is truly this aggressive, dutasteride alone may therefore not be enough, and you may need a high dose topical antiandrogen to stop the remaining ongoing damage by residual DHT and test.

Lastly from an antiandrogenic perspective, there is no treatment stronger in my opinion than topical darolutamide. You have said I believe that you don't want kids, so you wouldn't have to worry about the fertility risks. Likely if you are suffering such aggressive male pattern baldness, you will also be at higher risk for enlarged prostate and even prostate cancer. A small systemic absorption of darolutamide (like dutasteride) would have the added benefit of reducing those risks. So the risk profile may actually be favorable to you with an agent like this, although of course, as you know this has not yet been approved formally for human use, and that will be 3-5 years from now. If you tried topical darolutamide at a dose of 5-10 mg a day and it did not stop your hair loss or inflammation, you could conclude it is absolutely 100% not an androgenic issue.

Working through the above options should stop the problem without a doubt if this is androgenic. Therefore I think this should be your immediate priority. You need to know if this is androgenic, and the only way to know for sure is to adequately block and/or reduce your androgens. You may not even need to go further than this point. However, if you only get a partial response, adjuncts may become beneficial.

The most important adjunct I believe you could benefit from would be as many users suggested in this thread, a topical antihistamine. Antihistamines stabilize the mast cells and other inflammatory cells that directly contribute to the male pattern baldness itch. I am using desloratadine 1% which I bought from Geekee Biochem. A 15 gram order should last you around a year. I can definitely say it helps quell any residual itch for my scalp.

Lastly, once you have adequately addressed androgens, and considered a topical antihistamine, you may wish to consider oral minoxidil. This should be the last thing you think of for a few reasons. First of all, as stated, if you don't control your androgens and inflammation, everything else is futile, and minoxidil plays no role in this. Second, oral minoxidil has cardiac risks, and I would worry about your heart already with what's happening to your hair. If you get the rest under control, though, oral minoxidil is probably the strongest growth stimulant we have, even if topical wasn't very effective for you, and it might help you get some new growth once the damage is halted.

I don't think you've remotely tried enough treatments to conclude that your problem is beyond repair. I also think based on your posts which I have been reading, you will not be happy with joining the "just shave it" crew. If nothing else, you will have your scar which will make you uncomfortable. Plus your hair is obviously an important part of your identity as it is for most of us who come here to talk about it all day. Guys who don't care about their hair and can "just shave it" without caring are guys who would never think to post on a hair loss forum. You are not one of those guys.

So I would strongly recommend you try to work through the above steps systematically to see what you can do. From a personal standpoint, I failed treatment on finasteride/dutasteride/RU/minoxidil, with progression of loss on all (though much more gradually on RU/minoxidil), until I came to my current approach. And now I am growing back on my way to a NW1. I just say that to mention that from my experience, you will never know what might happen unless you try hard and work through the medications that are available in an adequate and sufficiently aggressive way.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions. I do believe you can get this under control. I hope you can try some of these things and I hope they give you relief. Good luck.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I had a blood test about a year ago. Everything came back completely normal. Not much with my body has changed. I had scalp inflammation then and I have the same now. For some reason it has now almost completely decimated my hair line.

2) yes, it's the androgenic pattern, including almost half way down the back, like my father. Also on the sides but higher up.

3) Started thinning in the crown and left hair line probably about 25-26. The crown became noticeably thinner and the left hair line pretty thin at about 30. Got an hair transplant to fix the left hair line at 31. I am now 35. Have been on minoxidil for like 6-7 years, with no issues ever. I believe it kinda works for me.

4) I eat healthy and work out extremely intensely. By extreme, I mean hardcore HIIT for 1-2 hours, non stop per day. I am still overweight. Don't know my BMI, I am 5'9" about 190lbs, thick muscular frame covered in a layer of fat. overall, my heart rate is good, my cholesterol is good, my blood pressure has gone up after gaining weight. I do drink almost every night.

-Tried RU for almost a year. 5% concentration in both stemox and minoxidil. This was 2016. I attempted fina in 2015 also for a year. I also attempted microdosing it this year from about march-august. Throughout that time, even though I was on like .05mg / eod, my scalp went crazy and my hair thinned even worst. I have now been off it for almost four months. I LITERALLY have no native hair remaining on the left side of my head, from the hair line and two inches back. You pull it up and see about 50 thick transplants spaced evenly about .5cm apart. Looks pretty weird man.

I tried dutasteride for a couple weeks last year... My scalp went insane beyond belief. I simply could not even physically deal with it. Massive inflammation immediately.

THE ONLY THING I know for sure is that my scalp inflammation and my sex drive are directly correlated. For example if I don't masterbate for a day, my scalp feels better. If I masterbate twice, it feels a lot worst. Whenever my balls tingle, I know I am about to get burning, crawling intensely in my scalp. Sounds like a joke or a riddle or something? it's totally true man. I just think for myself, testosterone rapes my scalp, even more than DHT. When I was on finasteride, my DHT plummeted, but my T went up. I have said on here several times, I want to reduce my testosterone.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I had a blood test about a year ago. Everything came back completely normal. Not much with my body has changed. I had scalp inflammation then and I have the same now. For some reason it has now almost completely decimated my hair line.

2) yes, it's the androgenic pattern, including almost half way down the back, like my father. Also on the sides but higher up.

3) Started thinning in the crown and left hair line probably about 25-26. The crown became noticeably thinner and the left hair line pretty thin at about 30. Got an hair transplant to fix the left hair line at 31. I am now 35. Have been on minoxidil for like 6-7 years, with no issues ever. I believe it kinda works for me.

4) I eat healthy and work out extremely intensely. By extreme, I mean hardcore HIIT for 1-2 hours, non stop per day. I am still overweight. Don't know my BMI, I am 5'9" about 190lbs, thick muscular frame covered in a layer of fat. overall, my heart rate is good, my cholesterol is good, my blood pressure has gone up after gaining weight. I do drink almost every night.

-Tried RU for almost a year. 5% concentration in both stemox and minoxidil. This was 2016. I attempted fina in 2015 also for a year. I also attempted microdosing it this year from about march-august. Throughout that time, even though I was on like .05mg / eod, my scalp went crazy and my hair thinned even worst. I have now been off it for almost four months. I LITERALLY have no native hair remaining on the left side of my head, from the hair line and two inches back. You pull it up and see about 50 thick transplants spaced evenly about .5cm apart. Looks pretty weird man.

I tried dutasteride for a couple weeks last year... My scalp went insane beyond belief. I simply could not even physically deal with it. Massive inflammation immediately.

THE ONLY THING I know for sure is that my scalp inflammation and my sex drive are directly correlated. For example if I don't masterbate for a day, my scalp feels better. If I masterbate twice, it feels a lot worst. Whenever my balls tingle, I know I am about to get burning, crawling intensely in my scalp. Sounds like a joke or a riddle or something? it's totally true man. I just think for myself, testosterone rapes my scalp, even more than DHT. When I was on finasteride, my DHT plummeted, but my T went up. I have said on here several times, I want to reduce my testosterone.

Okay that's all helpful. Then your options are simple.

1) RU 7.5-10% 2 ml twice daily
2) Darolutamide 0.25% 2 ml once daily

Plus you could add desloratadine 1% to either of the above.

Obviously option #2 is far likelier to succeed since it can completely castrate your scalp against both test and dht in a way no other treatment can.

Worked for me when nothing else did.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay that's all helpful. Then your options are simple.

1) RU 7.5-10% 2 ml twice daily
2) Darolutamide 0.25% 2 ml once daily

Plus you could add desloratadine 1% to either of the above.

Obviously option #2 is far likelier to succeed since it can completely castrate your scalp against both test and dht in a way no other treatment can.

Worked for me when nothing else did.

where do I get Darolutamide? How does it work, by binding to the AR, like RU? What are systemic side effects? I don't know man. I have become so apathetic at this point, it's just hard for me to even want to try anything.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
where do I get Darolutamide? How does it work, by binding to the AR, like RU? What are systemic side effects? I don't know man. I have become so apathetic at this point, it's just hard for me to even want to try anything.

Sorry about your apathy but I've already made a thousand really long and detailed posts about it in the daro thread and I can't make them all again here.

In short yes it is an androgen receptor antagonist like RU. But that's as far as the comparison can go.

Maybe take a break, and when you have the mental energy, read through the thread start to finish to decide if you'd rather do that or be shaved bald.

If your problem is androgenic, topical daro is nuclear. It's not a matter of if it can solve the problem. It's just a matter of dose, risks, and costs, which you will have to evaluate for yourself.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry about your apathy but I've already made a thousand really long and detailed posts about it in the daro thread and I can't make them all again here.

In short yes it is an androgen receptive antagonist like RU. But that's as far as the comparison can go.

Maybe take a break, and when you have the mental energy, read through the thread start to finish to decide if you'd rather do that or be shaved bald.

If your problem is androgenic, topical daro is nuclear. It's not a matter of if it can solve the problem. It's just a matter of dose, risks, and costs, which you will have to evaluate for yourself.

ok, ill check out your thread. seriously, thanks for all the advice and encouragement !!

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, ill check out your thread. seriously, thanks for all the advice and encouragement !!

No worries man. If you have specific questions after reading let me know.

Also I saw you followed me. Trust me you don't want to do that. 90% of my posts at this point are just me shitposting about hating being short and ugly. All the "big thinking" I was ever going to do for hair is done and over with. I'm just here to rot now until I'm bored of it. Your choice of course, but I don't think you'll want to read too much of that. :)

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries man. If you have specific questions after reading let me know.

Also I saw you followed me. Trust me you don't want to do that. 90% of my posts at this point are just me shitposting about hating being short and ugly. All the "big thinking" I was ever going to do for hair is done and over with. I'm just here to rot now until I'm bored of it. Your choice of course, but I don't think you'll want to read too much of that. :)

went through that thread and have to say I will not attempt it because of the side effects. The entire reason finasteride, ru etc fucked me is simply because my physiology is overly sensitive and very, very responsive to any changes. Any medication I take, for any reason ends up back firing terribly. For now, I am fucked. I am starting to not even care as much as I used to. I am going to focus on sh*t I can control.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried topical Dutasteride mesotherapy with shots once every 3 months as recent studies have done ?

Nobody had sides.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried topical Dutasteride mesotherapy with shots once every 3 months as recent studies have done ?

Nobody had sides.

where do people do that? I am in the US.