Improving Supplementation Regime To Improve Hair

CroatiaGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to have your opinion about my supplementation regime.
I'm currently working out 5-6 days per week in the local gym.

My current supplementation regime:
1x Multivit (Opti-Men) [https://www.optimumnutrition.com/en_...n-multivitamin, click on Supplement Information for Contents]
2x Fish Oil 1000mg
1x Green Tea 400mg
1x Biotin 5mg
1x MSM 5000mg
1x Curcumin 1000mg
1x Zinc 30mg before bed

Taking about 2L water per day

I'm currently 25 years and balding (Norwood IV).
I want to improve my hair without using minoxidil, Rogaine, Fina, dutasteride. I just want to improve my hair by food and supplementation.
What do you guys think I can do to improve for my hair?

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing works. I've tried it all. It is good to have a healthy supplementation regimen, but it will do nothing to improve male pattern baldness. Some people claim Zinc can help, but this is most likely only if you already have a zinc deficiency.

abcdefg

Reaction score
My suggestion is throw all that crap in the garbage and get on minoxidil + finasteride right away. You dont want to use the big 3 due to health risks of using drugs? Id just let nature run its course. Its going to happen regardless of those supplements.
The issue is your not lacking a nutrient. Your hair is sensitive to androgens, and its going to get worse as you get older. Older men injected with same androgens as younger ones just go bald faster. IMO hair loss gets worse with age simply because the same amount of androgens has ever increasing negative effects on hair.
We dont know why hair becomes sensitive which is what we need to know

CroatiaGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My suggestion is throw all that crap in the garbage and get on minoxidil + finasteride right away. You dont want to use the big 3 due to health risks of using drugs?
Just curious about other options, besides the big 3. There is many information about the big 3 on this forum and the internet in general.
My topic is only related to oral supplementation

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think all those supplements improve the quality of the hair you got. But I don't think it does anything to regrow hair or stop hairloss. I think once the dht is kicking in and if you are sensitive to it, there's not really much you can do. However, it's never bad taking supplements like this since they can contribute to a whole lot of things. Fish oil is for instance very good for the heart and so on.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supplements will likely not help fight male pattern baldness because it doesn't address the androgens (DHT) that is causing the cascade of events leading to hair loss

Alexender

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP.

I eat alot of harboiled eggs everyday along with ground beef daily, i read that the Iron and Zinc in those foods keep the hair.

I dont drink milk or eat dairy products. I basically eat paleo , you should try it out.

dustovshio

Reaction score
I say keep it, people will hate and say it doesn't work but if it keeps you healthy then what have you got to lose. None of those things are going to cause hair loss as far as I know. Def like the previous poster said don't eat dairy, cheese, etc. If you eat high carb maybe try acv to reduce risk of insulin resistance. I heard some people say that the curcumin can cause impotence if taken for too long, may want to watch out for that. I think curcumin could actually be good for maintaining. The elephant in the room is the dht, like all the poster said you need to attack the source of the problem. I'd get on Eucapil, RU, and dutasteride. I don't work for Eucapil, I live in the USA and you have to get it from Europe. I personally use Eucapil in the morning and RU at night. I ran out of RU though so I ordered a shitload more and so in the meantime I'm doubling up on Eucapil. Even though the manufacturer says doubling won't increase efficacy you have to wonder about all the areas the 1ml doesn't cover. So I try to use a little more on the crown at night and try to get the entire frontal region in the morning. I thing a big mistake people make is only putting the topical on the balding area. But the entire scalp starts to get fibrous and it takes a long time until you notice hairloss because the damage is being does so it is going to take an awful long time for the scalp to heal and return to normal, but if you are only inhibiting dht in the front part that is good but if the back part still has high dht it can still damage that area and prevent it from healing. That is why I try to hit all areas. Obviously most people just take finasteride, or dutasteride and totally knock it out that way which is fine, whatever works best for you.

CroatiaGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP.

I eat alot of harboiled eggs everyday along with ground beef daily, i read that the Iron and Zinc in those foods keep the hair.

I dont drink milk or eat dairy products. I basically eat paleo , you should try it out.
Are you aware of iron poisoning?