Improve then get worse

briancl

Reaction score
I have been on 1.25mg proscar for approx 4 months. When I first started using it, my hairs in the temple were thickening up. All of a sudden it seems to be thinning again to original status. Could this possibly be a shed? I have my hair very short so it is hard to tell if I ever shed. Anyone with any information to make me feel better. I am ready to take out the razor and call it a day.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
It's probably just a shed. Like they always say: Ride it out. There are typically ups and downs for a year.

Britannia

Reaction score
Give it 12 months then decide if the finasteride is helping or not. Your probably just going through a shed. It happens to some people, dont throw the towel in yet just have a little patience.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
briancl said:
I have been on 1.25mg proscar for approx 4 months. When I first started using it, my hairs in the temple were thickening up. All of a sudden it seems to be thinning again to original status. Could this possibly be a shed? I have my hair very short so it is hard to tell if I ever shed. Anyone with any information to make me feel better. I am ready to take out the razor and call it a day.

defiantly DONT call it a day 4 months is way to early to make a assesment, things im sure will get better

briancl

Reaction score
is it possible the proscar i purchased is a fake? my hair seemed to get worst after i got a new shipment of proscar in from different vendor. everything looks legit about it though.