Impractical Jokers

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this show proves, in a way, that people really are not bothered by your hair loss, that personality succeeds appearance, and that the only one who really cares about one's hair loss is oneself.

If people aren't aware of what Impractical Jokers is it's a hidden camera TV show where four guys basically mortify themselves to the very limits of mortification and beyond by plunging themselves into the awkwardest and most embarrassing social interactions imaginable. It's like Jackass but instead of hurting their bodies they're hurting their dignity. And not just hurting it but demolishing it altogether. It's the only TV show I like because besides being extremely funny it provides a great insight into humanity, or at least into the people of New York City, which is humanity because that's where all cultures combine. People may say it's sophomoric but I like it and I think they are gifted at coming up with ingeniously comical ways to embarrass each other and they all have impressively excellent improvisational skills. Hair loss does not seem to have affected them in the minutest way. They are inspirational in that respect.

3 out of those 4 guys suffer from hair loss. The 4th guy has a wide parting at the back and at the side but I won't count that. One guy has longish hair but it's receding a lot (some might call him a "hat prisoner"); the next guy is also receding a lot and is bald at the back and thinning all over; the last guy is practically fully bald with only a small tuft of hair at the front.

The way the public reacts and gets along with these people proves to me that people don't really care about your hair loss if your personality is awesome, and these guys have awesome personalities. People may disagree and say well this study says that and that study says this; never mind your studies. The only real study is life, and this show is the ultimate study in how much people care, or don't, about hair loss. The only one who really cares is the sufferer.

attachment.php

Impractical Jokers can be seen every Thursday night on TruTV, or alternatively you can watch every episode from all the seasons on WatchSeries.com

Attachments

• impractical-jokers-5122196d2dce9.png
    impractical-jokers-5122196d2dce9.png
    503 KB · Views: 1,285

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the thing is these guys are at worst NW3, people wouldn't see these guys as "bald" at all. To the general public they are full heads.
You know full well that if these guys were all NW6 they would have never have been picked for a show such as this, which proves that appearance does come before personality

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
the thing is these guys are at worst NW3, people wouldn't see these guys as "bald" at all. To the general public they are full heads.
You know full well that if these guys were all NW6 they would have never have been picked for a show such as this, which proves that appearance does come before personality

Well, I believe humanity is entering into a new phase. The world is not as vain as it once was. There was a time when people were happy to pass hours watching youtube videos of pictures of scones or cats playing or just videos that were designed to just pass time. That era of youtube is being phased out. Now people are starting to want something more, they want something deeper, they want to get something back, they want to learn something. And I believe it's the same with people. We are no longer settling for just a pretty face. We are realizing that a person should have something more to offer. And so the age of celebrities being famous for being famous is being wiped out. We're beginning to want something more than what is on the surface. Maybe we are not quite ready to have a fully bald Impractical Joker, for instance, but humanity is on that path.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I believe humanity is entering into a new phase. The world is not as vain as it once was. There was a time when people were happy to pass hours watching youtube videos of pictures of scones or cats playing or just videos that were designed to just pass time. That era of youtube is being phased out. Now people are starting to want something more, they want something deeper, they want to get something back, they want to learn something. And I believe it's the same with people. We are no longer settling for just a pretty face. We are realizing that a person should have something more to offer. And so the age of celebrities being famous for being famous is being wiped out. We're beginning to want something more than what is on the surface. Maybe we are not quite ready to have a fully bald Impractical Joker, for instance, but humanity is on that path.

I think you need to get out more

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The thing is I don't see any of those guys as especially bald or ugly just regular guys. Also maybe people are reacting to them in good way partly because they're famous?

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score

Oh man, I love this show! I do remember one where Joe referenced to "having lost most of his hair" on the top of his head. I think Murray is beyond a NW3. In addition to his temporal recession his crown is pretty bad IIRC. I don't think appearance really means much for this show--after all, you have numerous episodes with Joe letting it all hang out in public--the appearance of the scalp is the least of anyone's worries there my friend!

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
How about that DISH Network commercial where the lady is at dinner with some dude and she mentions that her cable bill is getting uglier and uglier then shows the guy getting fatter, having a mole and balding. The commercial frowns upon balding. This is ****.