Importing Drugs With Strick Canadian Law

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all those not approved treatment people are using on this forum, specially from china chemists. What happen if customs get your imports ? this is what i find on Canadian Custom :

'' Health Canada prohibits the importation of prescription drugs by courier when imported by Canadian residents for personal use.

The importation of prescription drugs for human use is strictly regulated and is only permitted by certain entities. Under Section C.01.045 of the Food and Drug Regulations, the importation of Schedule F (prescription) drugs is restricted to a drug manufacturer, a registered pharmacist, a wholesale druggist, a practitioner or a resident of a foreign country while a visitor in Canada. ''

This is why i'm a little bit scared of importing experiential drugs from asian countries.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps your dilemma, but:

1) Desloratadine which I think you were interested in is not technically a prescription drug in Canada. It is an over the counter drug:
https://www.docguide.com/antihistamine-aerius-desloratadine-available-over-counter-canada

So I'm not sure if any similar regulations apply.

2) A drug like darolutamide has not yet made it to market, so I'm pretty sure it is not yet classed as a prescription drug. It's just a random unregulated chemical compound. Same goes for RU, seti, CB, as far as I know.

3) A lot of Chinese companies will routinely mislabel their packages to ensure an easy transit through customs. Not saying this is the right thing to do, just that it happens.

(Caveat: I'm not a lawyer so make your own decisions. But I also think worse case scenario they'd just throw out your shipment.)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps your dilemma, but:

1) Desloratadine which I think you were interested in is not technically a prescription drug in Canada. It is an over the counter drug:
https://www.docguide.com/antihistamine-aerius-desloratadine-available-over-counter-canada

So I'm not sure if any similar regulations apply.

2) A drug like darolutamide has not yet made it to market, so I'm pretty sure it is not yet classed as a prescription drug. It's just a random unregulated chemical compound. Same goes for RU, seti, CB, as far as I know.

3) A lot of Chinese companies will routinely mislabel their packages to ensure an easy transit through customs. Not saying this is the right thing to do, just that it happens.

(Caveat: I'm not a lawyer so make your own decisions. But I also think worse case scenario they'd just throw out your shipment.)

Yes for things such as desloratadine or cetirizine there would be no problem, you can get those drugs anywhere !

I just dont want canadian borders to open my box and looks at ''white powder''... in the end i would be okay but stills some trouble for nothing..

any canadians out here having experience with it ?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes for things such as desloratadine or cetirizine there would be no problem, you can get those drugs anywhere !

I just dont want canadian borders to open my box and looks at ''white powder''... in the end i would be okay but stills some trouble for nothing..

any canadians out here having experience with it ?

Just FYI, any Chinese suppliers will typically include a certificate of analysis stating what the product is so as to avoid these issues. And most packages will never get searched. If you're asking for a Chinese shipment, request that it be shipped by ePacket which is the fast version of China Post. This way it will be handled by USPS or Canada Post when it gets to North America and not FedEx, etc. Companies like FedEx have very strict relationships with customs and have to check almost everything. Plus you get charged brokerage fees. While most small envelopes with USPS or Canada Post will tend to go through unopened because the gov't postal services can't be bothered to check everything.

Just another general tip if that helps.