Important Question

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
If you look at the hairs that are shed, sometimes you can see a gradual thinning of the hair shaft from root to tip (at least i can :( )

Anyways, is it a good sign if the hair is thinning towards the tip or the root? Or does it not matter either way? Im asking this cuz some of my hairs seem to thinning towards the tip so wouldnt this be a good sign as this is an older part of the follicle?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me. I am shedding like crazy and alot of the hairs are tapered at the end. This is because they have never been cut since inception. That means your hair cycle has shortened. It is falling out premature. The good news is if your not experienceing miniturization the cycle can be lengthened by finasteride so you may see good results as finasteride is better at lengthening cycles than reversing miniturization. I have been on it for only a month but hoping for the best.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
jj_24 said:
Same thing is happening to me. I am shedding like crazy and alot of the hairs are tapered at the end. This is because they have never been cut since inception. That means your hair cycle has shortened. It is falling out premature. The good news is if your not experienceing miniturization the cycle can be lengthened by finasteride so you may see good results as finasteride is better at lengthening cycles than reversing miniturization. I have been on it for only a month but hoping for the best.

Damn I thought finasteride was better for reversing miniturization...if all it does is lengthen the cycle that means our hair condition is only improving cosmetically boo hoo