important question please 2 someone that know?

mrgilg

Reaction score
hello

i want 2 ask please this.

1- can someone tell me if today u can know in %100 if the hairloss is genetical or it is from others influence???

there is some place that i can check it?

before i start 2 take something i better check if there is any need?

thank u

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
mrgilg said:
can someone tell me if today u can know in %100 if the hairloss is genetical or it is from others influence???
Unfortunately no, with today's science, there isn't any way one can know 100% if the hair loss is genetic or from another influence. You can make a good guess though, based on the pattern you're losing it, and your other family members and the status of their hair.

mrgilg said:
If you are a male between age 23 and 55 and you are seeing thinning hair or receding temples/hairline or bald spot in back, and you have a family history of hair loss... chances are, it is Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness) and going on Propecia and Nizoral to maintain what you have would be a good idea.

HairLossTalk.com

glcs2

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
mrgilg said:
can someone tell me if today u can know in %100 if the hairloss is genetical or it is from others influence???
Unfortunately no, with today's science, there isn't any way one can know 100% if the hair loss is genetic or from another influence. You can make a good guess though, based on the pattern you're losing it, and your other family members and the status of their hair.

mrgilg said:
If you are a male between age 23 and 55 and you are seeing thinning hair or receding temples/hairline or bald spot in back, and you have a family history of hair loss... chances are, it is Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness) and going on Propecia and Nizoral to maintain what you have would be a good idea.

HairLossTalk.com

I wasn't aware of the age between 23 and 55 theory. If someone younger than 23 starts to thin, then there is less chance it is male pattern baldness?

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, my grandfather on both sides, my father, brothers, as well as
yours truly started losing hair at age 15. I didn't really notice it until
age 17 and started to hear the receding hairline jokes... "What do you
call a row of rabbits when each one takes a step back?" HA HA HA...very funny.

Axon

Reaction score
Yeah I was convinced I didn't have male pattern baldness for a long time. Better to just own up to it and start fighting.