Important Info on Zix - Zinc Dosages to Use

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to make a different thread on this as it's important information and the current thread is 200+ pages long at the moment.

First would just like to thank Worm for bringing Zix to peoples attention and saving my hair.

The information is about dosages, it's important to follow Worms directions on the formula which is:

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

I know this is the correct dosage as I have the 'itch' which is indicative of very aggressive hair loss and if I follow the formula above and use Zix, the itch and the hair loss go away in less than a week.

I've tried different amounts of zinc (1 - 5x220mgs) and the only one that works effectively is the 2x220mgs.
I used each formulation for a month and the itch returned for all but the 2x220mgs of zinc.

This might depend on the person as Worm notes above that he seems to get better results with 3x220mgs.
My advice if you don't have the itch would be to give it 3 weeks per formulation and monitor your hair loss each day.
I would start on 2x220mgs as that seems to be the most effective.

I use Zix in the morning and minoxidil foam at night.
Zix doesn't seem to interfere with the effectiveness of Minoxidil.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to make a different thread on this as it's important information and the current thread is 200+ pages long at the moment.

First would just like to thank Worm for bringing Zix to peoples attention and saving my hair.

The information is about dosages, it's important to follow Worms directions on the formula which is:

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

I know this is the correct dosage as I have the 'itch' which is indicative of very aggressive hair loss and if I follow the formula above and use Zix, the itch and the hair loss go away in less than a week.

I've tried different amounts of zinc (1 - 5x220mgs) and the only one that works effectively is the 2x220mgs.
I used each formulation for a month and the itch returned for all but the 2x220mgs of zinc.

This might depend on the person as Worm notes above that he seems to get better results with 3x220mgs.
My advice if you don't have the itch would be to give it 3 weeks per formulation and monitor your hair loss each day.
I would start on 2x220mgs as that seems to be the most effective.

I use Zix in the morning and minoxidil foam at night.
Zix doesn't seem to interfere with the effectiveness of Minoxidil.
Do you wash your hair everydau

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wash my hair with shampoo in the evening before using Minoxidil foam.
Then in the morning I just wash my hair with water to get rid of the hardness cause by the foam.

Afterwards I dry my hair well and then liberally apply Zix. It gives my hair great texture and shine so I don't mind using a lot of it.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering, your inflammation reduced when you stick with 2x zinc?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Practically 0 itch when I use the 2x220mgs.
Even before I had hair loss my scalp was a little itchy.

My scalp just feels good when I use it, it's such a relief because the itch was maddening!

It might be the case that I've just slowed down my hair loss by a lot and not completely stopped it, but I'm happy with the current pace.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Practically 0 itch when I use the 2x220mgs.
Even before I had hair loss my scalp was a little itchy.

My scalp just feels good when I use it, it's such a relief because the itch was maddening!

It might be the case that I've just slowed down my hair loss by a lot and not completely stopped it, but I'm happy with the current pace.
could you use zinc without B6 P5P ,i think the b6 will not change the effect ,im my case i dont have itch any ways but i have hairloss

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
could you use zinc without B6 P5P ,i think the b6 will not change the effect
I never tried without the p5p.

The whole point of the thread was to stress not straying from the formula.

Why would you want to not put in the p5p?

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
since you are experimenting i just think that the b6 will not add any thing if you use the right zinc dosage(i meant if you want to try)

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I upped and lowered the amount of zinc to see if it would increase the effect.

Taking away the p5p can only hurt the effectiveness imo so it wouldn't be something I would try.

Also sick of having the itch back for the last couple of months. Sticking with this formulation for as long as it's effectiveness lasts

namtab

Reaction score
I have to ask...
There are a lot of anecdotal claims on hair loss forums that Zix is effective.
It can be easily prepared using off-the-shelf ingredients.
Considering the glut of useless hair loss cosmeceuticals on the market today, why has no manufacturer attempted to bottle and sell Zix?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably because of what you said yourself, anyone can just make it themselves. Why buy it for a markup

namtab

Reaction score
Probably because of what you said yourself, anyone can just make it themselves. Why buy it for a markup
1. Convenience
2. Only hair loss forum junkies know what Zix is. Most people looking for an effective treatment have never and will never hear of it
3. If it actually is effective and someone mass produced it, wouldn't that be like a watershed moment since really minoxidil is the only reliable otc on the market today?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to ask...
There are a lot of anecdotal claims on hair loss forums that Zix is effective.
It can be easily prepared using off-the-shelf ingredients.
Considering the glut of useless hair loss cosmeceuticals on the market today, why has no manufacturer attempted to bottle and sell Zix?
A lot of manufacturers use zinc and b6, revivogen, crinagen etc etc

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@zureko thanks for spreading the love. I totally agree with you, I think zinc is totally person specific. I've seen people shed using three or claim they experience sides. It may be worth even starting with 1 capsule and seeing how it goes for a month and then upping by another capsule. I find it only takes 2-3 weeks or less before you notice how it's going.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed worm, 2-3 weeks max. We both have no financial reason to promote some erroneous solution to hair loss. I just assumed you wanted to help people as you've helped me

It's been such a surprise and a relief that the itch has stopped.

I want to add as an addendum;
My itch hasn't 100% gone away, it's more like 95%. But that means my hairloss has been slowed down a lot. Which also means that I'd be bald in 15 years without Zix but with Zix I'll be bald in 25.

Try it and see how it works for you

Last edited:

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed worm, 2-3 weeks max. We both have no financial reason to promote some erroneous solution to hair loss. I just assumed you wanted to help people as you've helped me

It's been such a surprise and a relief that the itch has stopped.

I want to add as an addendum;
My itch hasn't 100% gone away, it's more like 95%. But that means my hairloss has been slowed down a lot. Which also means that I'd be bald in 15 years without Zix but with Zix I'll be bald in 25.

Try it and see how it works for you
That's an exaggeration, I'd be bald in 2 years without Zix. With Zix I should be bald in 18.5 years.

My maths is off there but you know that I mean.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's an exaggeration, I'd be bald in 2 years without Zix. With Zix I should be bald in 18.5 years.

My maths is off there but you know that I mean.
I will be bald by 16.79645 years according to the Alpecin calculator

bond6007

Reaction score
Good thread and grateful for the information here. I'm ready to hop on the Zix train. I have intense redness, itching, and inflammation of the scalp, and my hair loss has gotten quite aggressive at the moment. I just quit Minoxidil a few months ago (no regrowth, but it might have helped maintain). I also tried to quit finasteride, but I started it again because my hair started falling out again rapidly.

I want to use Zix in conjunction with microneedling. So I'd like to hear about how people are combining the two:

1.) Are you using a roller, stamp, etc.? Derminator?

2.) What depth and frequency?

3.) Do you apply Zix directly after needling?

Shedding91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Thank you for this. Just curious, how long does a formulation last? And how do you mix everything together?

Edit: also does ethyl alcohol percentage matter? Just trying to find all these items on Amazon.