important for minoxidil users..!

criminalvoice

Reaction score
hi firstly to everybody that fighting with hairs...

today I have gone to a pharmacy but this one is special cause they look your hair and tell u what you should do.. and a lady look my hair with micro cameras and took pictures of my head she said your scalp is oily and asked me what you use and I have said I use rogaine.and said I have washed my hair last night.. and she said it is very oily and warned me u must use a shampoo anti oily sclap and gave me a shampoo name is j.f lazartigue and said use it only once a week. later I have said I lost many hair when washing my head.. and she said the oily scalp doesnt allow the minoxidil to reach the roots of hair.. and I took the shampoo and I ll use it now on saturday I ll go there again and she ll look again to my scalp.. and also she said you hair roots cant breathe cause of this oil and this is why u loose many hair... what do you think guys?...

my regimen
proscar 1/4
vitamins for hair
rogaine *2 1 ml
nizoral shampoo twice a week

CCS

Reaction score
roots don't need to breath. she does not know what she is talking about.

the PPG and alcohol should dissolve the oil just fine. just wash your hair at least 3 or 4 times a week and you should be fine.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
criminalvoice said:
and also she said you hair roots cant breathe cause of this oil and this is why u loose many hair... what do you think guys?...

every thing she said was alright until this :D

Hair does not need to breath! This is why some people think that wearing a hat will make you bald. Its nonsense, don't buy into this.

Oil can affect you in some other ways, but NOT this way.

How regularly do you wash your hair? I was reading about people with extremely oily scalps that washed their hair twice a day and then applied topicals. Now you need to consult with a derm or find a shampoo that is suitable for this.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is what Dr. Lee replied to one of my questions..

>
> Q. One last very important question ?
>
> I have a habit of applying hair oil to my head after taking a shower. It
> kindaa gives life to my otherwise very dull hair. I apply hair oil, wait for
> a few minutes and then apply minoxidil. Is this killing the effectiveness of
> minoxidil ?

No, there is no problem doing this. The alcohol in the solution is the transfer
agent for minoxidil and the alcohol + minoxidil will penetrate through the oil.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this guy a legit poster? Says he has 23 posts but dont remember him posting before.

maybe he owns stock in the company? lol

Probably wrong. I hope so anyway.

criminalvoice

Reaction score
then I have to wash my hair everyday..for solving this problem

and Im a just postman of her she said to me and I said to u what she said:D