Immunotherapy treatment?

rockandroll

Reaction score
I wonder, since hairloss is caused by a reaction of the immune system, has anyone ever tried to use some sort of immunotherapy (you know, the kind you get for allergies) to treat it? I know that allergies are not the same as hairloss, but I was wondering if anyone had ever come up with the idea...

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
it would be nice if they came up with an anti-inflammatory designed for people with male pattern baldness, even if it just helped with the itch.

i know salicylic acid is the active ingredient in aspirin, though i think it undergoes some chemical process first--anybody know about this? Maybe using Neutrogena T-Sal on a regular basis would be beneficial to the scalp, in addition to exfoliating. willow bark might also help.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
sublime said:
Your best option would be to take something that not only boosts your immune system but also modulates it.

I thought the problem was that our immune system is attacking our follicles... so you'd actually want to SURPRESS it, like using the kinda meds they use for transplants and whatnot?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Interesting. Although AIDS treatment holds a priority a million-fold that of hairloss, I think that somehow immune treatment may hold relevancy to hairloss, too.