Images of a good hair system...?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
Damn - the guys in the Vinton links look like total $#iT.

The first two guys don't really stand up to inspection too well. That tanline on the first guy - Chris - looks absurd, can't believe he'd go with that. The second guy - Brian - looks a bit better but his join is pretty obvious from the side. The third guy - Tim, poor bastard - really really really needs something because he doesn't even look like a human being without hair so anything is an improvement - he's not gonna fool the FBI with that head, never mind the chicks. So his is a definite improvement. Man, if I had a head shaped like that I'd buy myself a small calibre pistol and one bullet, and I'd put it to good use.

But the video was useful because it shows you what a little intelligent DIY can do. Thankfully, I'm not at that stage yet. Hopefully I never will be.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
"are hair pieces with 1 inch hair much cheaper than those with longer hair? Can you see the scalp, or does it look synthetic when a woman parts your hair and looks from 1 foot away? Do the top lace pieces breath?"

They come with hair lengths from 4-6 inches at the same price. You cannot buy them with one inch hair, they say they need at least 4 inches of hair to work with when they make the hairpiece.
Anything over 6 inches, most places charge more.
You can see scalp yes, and it looks real from a foot away.
All lace pieces breathe.

skb

Reaction score
So many questions

I've been checking out HairDirect from your suggestion.

Can anyone point me to a comprehensive FAQ or tutorial to answer the questions:

1) What are the pro's and con's of method of attachment (tape vs. blue vs. clips)?

2) What are the pro's and con's of base construction?

3) What are the downsides of trying to wear a system for 2+ weeks at a go? Does it feel uncomfortable after a while?

Thanks in advance!

SkB

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

MichiganBaldy said:
" Do the top lace pieces breath?"

All lace pieces breathe.

But softly......
They don't keep you awake at night

:$ :$

CCS

Reaction score
Re:

Vinton Harper said:
And this one too:http://www.hairdirect.com/photos/brian.aspx It just looks odd to me.

That lace is impressive. the reason it looks weird is his hairline is too low in proportion to the location of his temples. If you are going to get a piece, make sure it has temples on it too, or else put the hairline high.

For a hairline that low his temples need to be 2cm further forward.