Images of a good hair system...?

jasonbudd1984

Reaction score
Was wondering whether people could post images, or supply a link, of what they think a good system looks like. I havnt got a whole lot of context.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy is a poster here that has poster lots of photos of his hairpieces that are absolutely mindblowing, as far as realism. Maybe do a search for his username.

There are hairpiece specific forums out there with tons of photos.

Many of us are a bit reluctant to post pictures on these forums, as they can be heavily anti-hairpiece in their members' feelings.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not anti hairpiece :!:

I just think that the pictures that many sites put up are sales pictures which don't tell the full story of how well the piece will fare with time. I've heard plenty of horror stories about people who've spent a ton of money on a really top notch piece of hair technology, only to have it end up like something you'd reconsider wiping your feet on in a few months.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I agree 100%! Most hairloss companies (pills, concealers, wigs, or transplants) use really deceptive marketing and very carefully chosen photographs.

You're right, as well, about hairpieces having a lifespan. I get mine decently cheap, so I'm not all that inclined to keep wearing after they start wearing out, but after a few months they do lose a bit of color and shine. I know I could re-color them all the time, but honestly, as cheap as they are from some of the online places, it's more of a hassle to me to try and fight off the effects of aging on the strands.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
pics are ok, how abput video

Want to see some pics, try watching this video download that I made (with the help of a good high tech friend)
This video will show you some close ups of the hairline, what it looks like, what its like having it on, sleeping in it etc.

Go to this link- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNLWCF0Z
and in the upper right hand corner you will see "download" it might be covered up by a pop-up ad so you`ll need to close that first.
Anyhow, you will see 3 letters that say please enter (the letters) here.
Enter the letters you see into the box then click download. You should see a timer that counts to 45 seconds, then your default media player will start to play the video.
Try it and let me know how it looks.

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
Great Video indeed, very supporting and educating.

May we ask, how to get good systems like this online ? I mean how to evaluate a good company online, because there are lot of scams. Second company you buy from online ? If you would like to reveal ? Otherwise i completly respect your privacy.

Thx,
ugem

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
That hairpiece came from toplace.com
I have worn hair from coolpiece.com too and their hair is also very good.
Hairdirect.com is another good company, as they have technicians you can talk to plus they (somehow, I dont know how) deliver the hair already cut and ready to wear.
Each of these companies offers something that the others do not, making them unique for whatever situation someone is in, they can use one or the other.
I am soon going to sample hair from a UK company, and if its as good as the others they`ll be added to the list.

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Have you tried maxpiece.com ?, they seems more informative and clear on website.

Second if there are some hair systems or non surgical solutions just
for temples and hairline or only temples ?

Thanks a lot,
ugem

skb

Reaction score
Re: pics are ok, how abput video

That is a great video. Thanks!

Does the piece have to be removed and reglued daily? How does it hold up to swimming?

Thanks again!

Steve

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent tried maxpeice yet, never got around to it yet.
Yes you can order a hairsystem/hairpiece/wig in any shape you want.

I need to change the adhesive and clean then re-attach every 7-14 days. It holds up good for pretty much anything other than hockey fighting for that period.

skb

Reaction score
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

One question I have is, is my hair thin enough to warrant a system?

I have a tuft of hair on the forehead, but its sparse for a couple of inches behind it. Sometimes I think it's more embarrassing than just having a long, bald forehead.

Is a system mainly for parts of the head that are mostly bald?

Thanks again,

Steve

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
Hairdirect.com is another good company, as they have technicians you can talk to plus they (somehow, I dont know how) deliver the hair already cut and ready to wear.
Have you(or anyone) used Hairdirect before? I am curious to know what some customers have thought of them, as I really like the idea that the piece comes with no need for a cut-in. And their little kit for measuring for the piece is a good idea as well(I've never liked the Saran Wrap measuring thing).
But how do they stack up, in terms of realism and quality, next to places like Toplace and Coolpiece?

MichiganBaldy said:
Each of these companies offers something that the others do not, making them unique for whatever situation someone is in, they can use one or the other.
If you have time, would you mind adding more details on this? Like, what does one offer that's different from the other?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
SKB have you tried any of the coverups like Dernmatch?
It sounds like you would be a candidate for that, that is without seeing any pics.

I buy some of my glues from HD. I havent tried the hair yet.
They have a forum of their own and alot of their customers are very happy.

What toplace has that the others do not- very low prices with even the thinnest of materials. Among the lowest prices out there actually. I personally use them for my hair. Very good quality. Highly active support forum with alot of good people- both men and women posting in there.

What HD has that the others do not- extremely large and comprehensive website, live customer support (not just a few hours a day either) and them precut hairpieces by mail. Prices a bit on the higher end but they have the reordering club like structure that allows for really low prices if you get in on the right one.

What Coolpiece has that these others dont always have- extremely high in the consitency area, what you order is pretty much always what you get. Some of the other companies falter a bit here, like you can order the same thing over and over again but sometimes get the wrong densities so you need to send it back to be fixed. Coolpiece customers tell me they dont have that problem. They also swear that something is different with the knotting so the units dont shed or have wash through like the others (I`ve seen this myself with the Coolpiece hair)
Also, Coolpiece seems to be a bit more proficient with the really long hairpieces.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks MB, for the quick reply and the info!

I've been researching Hairdirect and, although I still like their guarantee, their customer service, the CAST kit, and the no need for a cut-in thing, I am slightly disturbed by some of the photos on their site. They just don't look that good. And then I am wondering if their photos are more "real" and that is why they don't look as good as the photos on places like Toplace and that is about what I can expect anywhere.
Like this guy: http://www.hairdirect.com/photos/chris.aspxHis system, by itself, looks like it should look good, but there is that lighter part at his hairline that kind of gives it away. I don't know if that is just because he is more tanned below his forehead or if that is the seam to the piece. But I could never be satisfied with it looking like that.

And this one too:http://www.hairdirect.com/photos/brian.aspx It just looks odd to me. And this one scares me even more because like him, I have also had transplants so I am kind of limited to where I can place the hairline of the piece, but I would not be satisfied with this look. If I am going to wear a piece, I want it to be 100% undetectable(which they claim theirs are), but I don't know. I don't think this is the best look for him, maybe.

And this one:http://www.hairdirect.com/photos/tim.aspx From the side especially, the hair at the hairline is a little too straight or something. But I don't know, I could detect it as either a piece or a transplant.
Am I being too picky?
When I first got my transplant, even if someone "in the know" would have been able to tell I had one, I wouldn't have cared anyway, because it looked good and I knew it. I just need to find a piece that looks good to me, I guess. That's the hard part.

MichiganBaldy said:
They also swear that something is different with the knotting so the units dont shed or have wash through like the others (I`ve seen this myself with the Coolpiece hair)
So does this mean they(Coolpiece) last longer? Even all lace?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I`m not sure about some of the pics on the HD site, it looks like some of the hair replacements on there just need a little tweak to get them looking better.
Take the guy with the white border in his hairline, thats his tanline. All he needs to do is put the hair on over it and he`d look fine.
The next guy needs more recession in the front, his hairline is too much straight across. It needs to have more of a V shape to it, and the hair density needs to be lessened. The hair density in the front should never appear to be thicker than the density of the eyebrows, and this guy is on the border line with that.
I think the last guy looks pretty good, maybe needs a little more V shape in the front too but not bad at all. He`s a good example that HD can get you a good looking hairpiece if you order it right.

The Coolpiece hairpieces that I`ve used, do last longer as far as shedding and wash through BUT....since they use regular human hair, the color fades faster. You can get Remi hair but it costs extra.

G

Even though MichiganBaldy thinks that Propecia is worthless and that topicals are worthless.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Damn - the guys in the Vinton links look like total sh*t.

CCS

Reaction score
are hair pieces with 1 inch hair much cheaper than those with longer hair? Can you see the scalp, or does it look synthetic when a woman parts your hair and looks from 1 foot away? Do the top lace pieces breath?