Im thinking of shaving my head

barcafan

Reaction score
Aren't we as a civilization kinda past the whole skinhead thing? Alot of people have shaved heads....

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
zackmcqueen said:
Ive found the total opposite to be true; the more hair i lose and shorter I shave it, the hotter the girl.

I've found the same phenomenon to be true w/ me too. My ex told me that I went from being just a cute guy to a sexy guy when I started buzzing it. And I did find that when I buzzed it down with no guard, there were more women that were giving me "the look"...

That's why I find it ridiculous when ppl consider buzzing/shaving their heads "giving up". There are many women out there who actually do prefer it (whether they know it or not).

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
shaved with a good body makes you look very manly and girls love it.
its far better than having thin hair.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it and all you guys here its kinda inspiring.

A good tan/skin colour though I think really helps, your colour is good Zack. I think its the pasty white with shave head that doesn't look good and maybe a swallow tattood on the neck, lol.

I'm in a band with much younger guys and having thinning hair is not cool but shaved is better so I may go that route soon.

Thank guys.

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
'A good tan/skin colour though I think really helps'

In my opinion this is one of the most important things when it comes to shaving it to the bone. A tan is difficult though because personally I am so worried about skin cancer and premature ageing, and I think, ok, I can look good with a tan now on my bald head, but what happens if i turn 30 and start to get wrinkles on my bald head and liver spots and unevern skin tone and the like...on a bald head, that would look atrocious at such a young age. So ive tried to look for other ways round it (fake tan is out for me since its too much effort).Ive tried different moisturisers and cleansers and stuff but hand on heart I can honestly say that nothing works better for me than aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week, and a diet absolutely loaded with vitamins and antioxidants from fruit and veg, some healthy fats, a minimal amount of processed food, and shitloads of water too. Smoking makes the skin so much worse, as does excessive drinking, so I personally avoid them both.

barcafan

Reaction score
Cant you just wear sunscreen on your head? Sunscreen wont prevent you from tanning but it will prevent you from burning.

vartex

Reaction score
I'm going to go shave my head today!

What do you ask for, a half inch buzz cut all around?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes minoxidil works greate on a shaved head.. i aplyed it with no problem when i had a shaved head.
Good luck

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
:yeah: to everyone shaving/buzzing their heads!

Next step is to get in great shape and get an up-to-date wardrobe.

And I was applying minoxidil when I shaved my head, but the problem is that the residue may become more noticeable. Also, I read that your hair must at least be a certain when using minoxidil (maybe someone here can confirm if that's actually true).

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got some minoxidil a couple of years ago (gave it up quickly though as I wanted to just shave it and be done with it), and it said specifically in the enclosed leaflet: 'do not use if you have a shaved head'.

grass

Reaction score
started shaving my head in high school. like many have mentioned in this post, I think to pull it off it helps to be somewhat fit and healthy. I never had problems with girls, but like some of you, I also have noticed more girls looking at me when I shaved my head. different kinds of girls though.. older ussually. The best thing about it is I dont have to give a f*** about styling my hair and can focus on more important things. If anything, shaving your head could motivate you to get in shape.

grass

Reaction score
heres a little pic I found after a fresh shave..

hair.jpg

HeadboldhairyBud

Reaction score
I have elephant's ears so I definitely prefer to hide them in my hair. But I've cut it about a dozen times since I was a kid so i don't have any issues with it. When I went shaved I also noticed some of the same reactions that you guys got. I'd say though that the stereotypes are still there to a large degree. If you go for a job interview you might find that people aren't as enthusiastic about you. Also teachers seem to sometimes assume that you can't be smart. lol

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
When girls give you a look that doesn't always mean they are checking you out. I kinda stare too when i see a white guy with a bic'ed head b/c its not all that common....just like I'd stare at a kid with a purple 2ft high mo-hawk. haha