I'm steadily giving up

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
As my Norwood recedes I have come to the conclusion that life in of itself is passing me by. Nothing about life stimulates me anymore, and I have no social interests in today's world. At my job my customers stare at my receding hair line, and I can see them smirking at me. I am a defeated man at 23 years of age. I have a job, but I have no sense of purpose. I do not get any sort of release from anything in life, and I have a difficult time with women. I've stopped working out, I drink all the time, and I have been gaining lots of weight.

Everything I've done in life has failed short of my expectations, and I'm beginning to understand that I am a natural born loser. I never thought I'd ever say that about myself, but it's true. I'm lonely, depressed, and there is certainly not a light at the end of this tunnel.

I miss the days of my life when I was carefree and happy and had all the self confidence in the world. It was easy to love life with a beautiful girl at your side, a full head of hair, and a true sense of accomplishment. Then my depression set in and I've never truly recovered. Sometimes I wonder why I was ever born at all.

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
TourdeForce24 said:
Then my depression set in and I've never truly recovered. Sometimes I wonder why I was ever born at all.

Been there. Still there now.

Are you on an antidepressant? It sounds like you could use one.

Please don't do anything rash. You're still young even if you brain keeps telling you otherwise. Try to think about the things that you do have that you can be happy about, and proud of. Maybe travel could help. I went to northern India a few years back and came back to the States really fond of a country I had previously taken very much for granted.

Just my two cents. Hope you can get past this and move on.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I, also, feel that I can never experience accomplishment.

I am lonely in my own world.

Nobody really seems to understand my motive, my sense of humor, or anything.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

I pray that someday we'll all receive a cure for our troubles, whether it be hairloss or clinical depression.

I wish you all the best, my friend, and I wish I could honestly be or more help.... but like you, I feel I'm in the same boat.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
come on, whats all this have no interest in life anymore crap, yes we are loosing our hair,but you thought about the people who have lost a leg,arm or anyother serious disfigurement and women who loose a breast because of cancer,yet they power on through and still live what life has got for them to the max..you dont see them being able to pop a pill that says 85% chance of being able to growback a leg,like we can with our hair..so just think about that,yes hairloss is hard to deal with..very hard we all know that.

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
Dark_Vegeta said:
come on, whats all this have no interest in life anymore crap

You're right of course, but I'm guessing that you haven't experienced true biochemical depression in your life. That is good, of course, but it does have the downside of making it almost impossible to know what a depressed person is capable of feeling in terms of despair, etc, etc. Seriously, sometimes telling a depressed person to "snap out of it" (not your words I know) is like telling someone in a well to climb out.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
You're right of course, but I'm guessing that you haven't experienced true biochemical depression in your life. That is good, of course, but it does have the downside of making it almost impossible to know what a depressed person is capable of feeling in terms of despair, etc, etc. Seriously, sometimes telling a depressed person to "snap out of it" (not your words I know) is like telling someone in a well to climb out.

isnt that the beauty of being judgemental...ok,yes i have sufferd depression,on major levels, i had to stop my farther from killing himself with my own hands..no son should have to go throu with that,then my mother had an affair behind my dads back for 4 years,and lied to us continuesly, then she threaten to take the house from us so then my farther had to get a loan for $1500,000 to keep it,and thats really hard on us right now,and i am suffering from male pattern baldness just like you ppl,so dont give me that i havnt experienced depression crap

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
[
quote="TourdeForce24"]As my Norwood recedes I have come to the conclusion that life in of itself is passing me by. Nothing about life stimulates me anymore, and I have no social interests in today's world
. At my job my customers stare at my receding hair line, and I can see them smirking at me. I am a defeated man at 23 years of age. I have a job, but I have no sense of purpose. I do not get any sort of release from anything in life, and I have a difficult time with women. I've stopped working out, I drink all the time, and I have been gaining lots of weight.

Everything I've done in life has failed short of my expectations, and I'm beginning to understand that I am a natural born loser. I never thought I'd ever say that about myself, but it's true. I'm lonely, depressed, and there is certainly not a light at the end of this tunnel.

I miss the days of my life when I was carefree and happy and had all the self confidence in the world. It was easy to love life with a beautiful girl at your side, a full head of hair, and a true sense of accomplishment. Then my depression set in and I've never truly recovered. Sometimes I wonder why I was ever born at all.[/quote]

oh dear, dear me.
having to live in a 24/7 society where you havent got the latest designer trainers or heard the new hot cd or got a full head of hair.
you live in a consumer society whose values have got distorted by big business, ruled by self serving politicians and blonde bimbo temptresses luring you to a sexual frenzy from every billboard or centrepage spread of tabloid junk.

it's all crap, t de f.

try to see it for what it is.

shallow bunkum....you're in the matrix and you have been given the opportunity to see it for what it is....if you have the courage you can escape.

spiritual fulfillment is the path to take...when you're ready, you'll know

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
As the song Hero says, in time you'll find a way. You will succeed no matter what...

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
fiddle_com said:
I feel sorry for the things i didnt while i was teenage (dating, going out with friends). Now that i'm balding i feel like i lost 10 years of my life.

And how can i regain those 10 years if i dont have any friend and a women that i like?

You can not regain those years, but you can prevent a repeat performance in the next 10. Get out, date if you want, be passionate about your interests.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Somehow I think that there should be meeting for hairloss sufferers...

kind of like AA.

I know that if we had some pro-active, energetic, friendly, and supportive members in our group, that our self-esteem levels would certainly be hirer.

Hell, I wouldn't mind going out with a couple of baldies and trying to see who can bang the most chicks in a weeks time :)

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
[
quote="TourdeForce24"]As my Norwood recedes I have come to the conclusion that life in of itself is passing me by. Nothing about life stimulates me anymore, and I have no social interests in today's world
. At my job my customers stare at my receding hair line, and I can see them smirking at me. I am a defeated man at 23 years of age. I have a job, but I have no sense of purpose. I do not get any sort of release from anything in life, and I have a difficult time with women. I've stopped working out, I drink all the time, and I have been gaining lots of weight.

I miss the days of my life when I was carefree and happy and had all the self confidence in the world. It was easy to love life with a beautiful girl at your side, a full head of hair, and a true sense of accomplishment. Then my depression set in and I've never truly recovered. Sometimes I wonder why I was ever born at all.

oh dear, dear me.
having to live in a 24/7 society where you havent got the latest designer trainers or heard the new hot cd or got a full head of hair.
you live in a consumer society whose values have got distorted by big business, ruled by self serving politicians and blonde bimbo temptresses luring you to a sexual frenzy from every billboard or centrepage spread of tabloid junk.

it's all crap, t de f.

try to see it for what it is.

shallow bunkum....you're in the matrix and you have been given the opportunity to see it for what it is....if you have the courage you can escape.

spiritual fulfillment is the path to take...when you're ready, you'll know[/quote]

You are definitely right, and I wish I could change the way we live today somehow. If I were financially independent I would seriously find an isolated place to live to escape the way our society is today. This will probably occur by the time I am in my 60's and it simply won't matter anymore.

Living in a consumer-based society is a heavy burden, and there is an enormous amount of pressure to confrom to a pre-established set of parameters. It just seems to get worse everyday, with girls my own age blatantly recently rejecting me because, according to them, "You have a receding hairline." It's not as if the girls were absolute stunners themselves either. I just don't seem to know where to find girls that I can relate to anymore, with most of the females in my area being overly concerned with the superficial. That is to be expected living near one of the top 5 biggest cities in the U.S., but it is not something that I particularly relish.

What gets me is that you see so many beautiful young women with absolute morons who have perfect hairlines and a "macho" car or something to that effect but they clearly don't the difference between sh*t and shimola. The whole process is just sickening and draining. But I've come to the conclusion that I will not let it get me down ever again. With the proceeds of my recently acquired job I'm going to join in on the consumer society party, but I will not let it consume me. I will simply do what I must in order to satisfy a man's primal urges. I'll be able to stand back and look at it all with a discerning eye, and I'll take advantage of the gullible b****s who embrace the modern consumer lifestyle. By not completely buying into the bull I will have the upper hand. I've come to the realization that women are for pleasure, and I won't let one get me down again. I intend to play as many women as possible and reverse the tables on them and their twisted little games. It will be my own method of revenge for all of the times I let myself be beaten down emotionally by a cruel b**ch. Ideally I wish I wouldn't have to resort to this, but I have little choice. The decision is a simple one. Should I spend the rest of the days of my prime with one mediocre woman who will eventually pound my manhood into submission? Or should I spend the next decade playing beautiful women who think they are cashing in on someone with cash?

I was at the mall today, and I saw a young man with his wife and two children running all around. He was pushing a stroller and looked at me strutting through the mall confident and free---he shot me a look of desperation and envy. You could see the emotion beneath his eyes. It was as if his confinement behind the stroller was a symbol of the prison that he made for himself with a wife who will probably take all of his cash and dignity within the next ten years. Then where will he be? Broke and without a future, that's where.

That's not going to happen to me. I believe all men should take a step back and take a hard look at the kind of life that modern society tells you is good for you. There's a reason why we work in offices with cubicles complete with the long hours confining you in them. Corporate minds and the greed that fuels them long ago decided that this was the way to keep the masses in check. They force-feed us politically correct thoughts and poison our minds from a young age with fear. Be warriors and champions, men. Don't let them take away your balls.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sure, the world is coming down.

Before, we had Gunner, now we have you.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and here are you telling us about it so we cannot totally ignore it.

Take a break man.

You seem like a total wanker locked in a room having acute attacks of delusion of grandeur and visions of sorrow and deprivement you just don´t understand, but you like to hear going out of your mouth, just for the pleasure of performing this weird exercise of torturing people with your ranting manners.

Has your "James Bond identification era" passed by?

I think you just need a new role model to stop feeling so bad about the world.

Why not "Harry Potter"?. He´s brave, he do magics, and he fights the evil like you do!!.

Also he has a body that fits your mentality!

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
Yeah, and here are you telling us about it so we cannot totally ignore it.

Take a break man.

You seem like a total wanker locked in a room having acute attacks of delusion of grandeur and visions of sorrow and deprivement you just don´t understand, but you like to hear going out of your mouth, just for the pleasure of performing this weird exercise of torturing people with your ranting manners.

Has your "James Bond identification era" passed by?

I think you just need a new role model to stop feeling so bad about the world.

Why not "Harry Potter"?. He´s brave, he do magics, and he fights the evil like you do!!.

Also he has a body that fits your mentality!

Just take a look at your avatar and then shut up.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn Solo,
I'd never thought I'd hear something like that from you.

Sorry for being too harsh.

But I hate this guy. It´s simply this.

He commanded a campaign to ban a forum member and attacked him personally, because he said he was spreading negativity, he had no life, and that he was a loser. He said he shouldn´t be able to speak here.

Well, finally this guy got banned, for whatever reasons, and here comes TourdeForce24 to take the trone of the Drama Queen!!!.

Isn´t it miserable?. He attacked the other guy with personal stuff, saying he was a loser and all that bullshit. And there he comes after him venting his sh*t, that he is also a loser, a socially rejected moron, bla bla bla...

The other banned guy made me laugh, because he used to crack some good jokes, TourdeForce is just a moron who likes to wank himself thinking how much pity should everybody feel for him.

It´s not fair, what he have done isn´t right at all.

I COULDN´T care less of this guy´s miseries when he exposes them here. And, oh my God, he´s got an arsenal. He´s got no credibility.

Also he is obviously kind of mentally retarded, he´ll come back in two days telling us that he has overcome his most inner and utterly affecting pain by impersonating Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible III.

Now I´m going back to look at my avatar.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
since this is a forum,im gona voice my opinion once again,i dont care if it results in negative feedback,but this is my personal thought...I agree with Solo on this,and i know im still classed as a "newbie" but this whole society has chewd me up and spat me out coz of lack of hair thing is lame.not to say hairloss isnt a hard thing to deal with or live with