I'm starting dutasteride.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride has worked for me for about 2 and a half years, it basically stopped my loss. However in the past few months I've realised that it has stopped working. I always had a thinning area in the crown but when my hair was dry it wasnt really noticeable. However this last month, for the first time in my life I have a noticeable bald area developing there which is becoming increasingly difficult to hide, however I style my hair.

I can't use minoxidil because I'm allergic to it, so basically I've decided that right now dutasteride is the only realistic possibility of some decent regrowth, so I've just ordered dutasteride from qhi.com €174 for 90. I also ordered a hundred 100mg phenytoin tabs.

My new regime will be:

dutasteride 0.5mg /day
morning spironolactone 2% (Dr. Lee)
evening aloe vera followed by retin A 0.025% and spironolactone cream 5% (both Dr. Lee)
The phenytoin I will dissolve either in one of the retin A or 2% spironolactone solutions or grind it up and mix it into the spironolactone cream, I'm currently investigating the best way to do this and an appropriate dose.
Shampoo: continue with nizoral 3x/week and will probably add NANO as its an easy way to get another element into the regime.

So basically I have -
DHT inhibitors: dutasteride,spironolactone, nizoral
anti-inflammatory/SOD: aloe vera
regrowth agents: phenytoin, NANO, retin A

I am worried about sheds from dutasteride, like everyone else, but right now if I dont do something I will be at the shaving it all off stage in 6 months anyway, so I haven't really got anything to lose.

To begin with, I will ease into the dutasteride as follows - week 1, 1 tab, week 2, 2 tabs and so on. The other days I will take 5mg finasteride (have been on 5mg/ day for about 2 months now already).

I will start as soon as my dutasteride arrives, and I will keep you all updated about my progress, I have already got "before" pictures, and hopefully in 6 months I will have some impressive "after" pictures to show everyone.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Global

Taking dutasteride is a major step. Have you tried to shake things up with the finasteride a little, you know to sort of shock your system out of complacancy and adaptation. Might I suggest taking the finasteride in the am if you were taking it in the pm or take it without food if you were taking it with food, you know that sort of thing.

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Global,

If you are taking avodart you need to take .5mg daily and stop taking propecia. You could also drop spironolactone as it becomes superfluous with avodart. Also, just a tidbit, but Nizoral is not a DHT inhibitor, but it is an anti-inflammatory. Best of luck.

D