I'm Pretty Sure I've Started Thinning. What Do You Guys Think?

Hamzah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have always been known to have a good head of hair. Recently I have noticed it is thinner to the touch than it once was though I had no visual proof to back that up. When I look at my hair in the mirror it looks normal. I sometimes check whether any scalp is visible on the top of my head by by placing a flash on my hair and taking a picture or video. Two weeks ago, for the first time, I noticed a significant amount of scalp is visible through flash.

I do not notice any excessive hair shedding on my pillow or in the shower and when I do the pull test by pulling a fistful of hair hard. At worst 3 or 4 hairs come out.

My dad started thinning at 40 and now at 50 has very thin hair. I have one uncle who lost all his hair at 24. Other than that all male family members have full heads of hair.

About two weeks ago I had a haircut and I asked for the top of my hair to have a bit of texture and the barber used the shears and thinned my hair out. I remember thinking he was rather aggressive with the shears and saw a lot of hair. I am not sure if scalp is visible due to hair thinning or the barber using thinning shears. When my hair was longer, prior to the cut, I could not see scalp in the way I can now (though I have a picture where the crown looked larger than usual (this is no longer the case)). Does short hair expose balding in a way long hair cannot?

Based off the pictures, what do you guys think, am I balding? I have a pretty shitty diet and don't drink much water. The first and second pictures are two weeks apart.

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 163

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slick your hair back wet and see how the hairline is looking . Look for miniaturisation.

Take several pictures from different angles, above etc ... and take the same pictures every few months . If it does turn out to be going downhill you can start treatments if you must .

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t tell need better pictures - hairline,temples, crown, and a baseline pic from when you were younger. Wet and dry if possible.

Hamzah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slick your hair back wet and see how the hairline is looking . Look for miniaturisation.

Take several pictures from different angles, above etc ... and take the same pictures every few months . If it does turn out to be going downhill you can start treatments if you must .

my hairline seems to be totally fine. my eyebrows to hairline is the length of three fingers. the only problem is top of my head just seems thin.

Scaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are def thinning on your crown. Try using minoxidil and finasteride.