I’m only 16 and I don’t know what is causing this!

Adzz hooper

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 16 and live a healthy life. I have quite curly and wavy hair however recently I’ve noticed that my there is less hair at my temples. Now I don’t know wether this is how it’s always been as I never really checked when I was younger. I don’t have a balding genetic in my moms side as both my uncles are in there 40s-50s and they have a mature hairline not a receding And my dad has a decent hairline at 54. also I don’t know wether masturbation could have an effect on my dht as I do it once a day.

Attachments

• 5B7E7F3B-C5AC-4821-9533-B2BFD630DDFC.jpeg
    5B7E7F3B-C5AC-4821-9533-B2BFD630DDFC.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 583786EB-8186-4E5A-A88D-7A035AB96A31.jpeg
    583786EB-8186-4E5A-A88D-7A035AB96A31.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 295
  • EDE84866-17D9-45D3-9B8C-9094E6F5CB3B.jpeg
    EDE84866-17D9-45D3-9B8C-9094E6F5CB3B.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 280
  • E4F0468A-8C86-42BC-A1AC-E5B540357A8A.jpeg
    E4F0468A-8C86-42BC-A1AC-E5B540357A8A.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 290

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 16 and live a healthy life. I have quite curly and wavy hair however recently I’ve noticed that my there is less hair at my temples. Now I don’t know wether this is how it’s always been as I never really checked when I was younger. I don’t have a balding genetic in my moms side as both my uncles are in there 40s-50s and they have a mature hairline not a receding And my dad has a decent hairline at 54. also I don’t know wether masturbation could have an effect on my dht as I do it once a day.
happened to me when I turned 16-17, did not move in the slightest for 6 years and was easily treated to this day 13 years on. i would not worry just monitor.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said your maternal uncles aren't bald but what about your maternal grandfather or your paternal grandfather.

Adzz hooper

My Regimen
Reaction score
happened to me when I turned 16-17, did not move in the slightest for 6 years and was easily treated to this day 13 years on. i would not worry just monitor.
Ok thanks for the reply, so do you think that i am just developing a mature hairline like any man instead of a receding hairline as there is no aggressive male pattern baldness gene in my family?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the reply, so do you think that i am just developing a mature hairline like any man instead of a receding hairline as there is no aggressive male pattern baldness gene in my family?
Its most likely for sure, our hormones peak around our late teens and this does tend to affect juvenile hair. The density of your surrounding hair is very good so do not panic, if you notice and rapid changes then consider your options but for now its key not obsessing.

Adzz hooper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its most likely for sure, our hormones peak around our late teens and this does tend to affect juvenile hair. The density of your surrounding hair is very good so do not panic, if you notice and rapid changes then consider your options but for now its key not obsessing.
Ok thanks for explaining

Howdy Partner

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does this mean?
I mean that you shouldn't have to worry about it right now. Keep an eye on things every several months. Checking the mirror (and these forums) every few days or even weeks is not helpful for the mind, especially a young one.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beating your sick doesn’t affect your hair; it’s the modern version of people telling you it will make you go blind...

Thats a serious widows peak as is. If it stops here you’re good, if it progresses further you need to consider your treatment options.

Just so you know...a mature hairline is a receded hairline that stopped around NW2. The mechanism that causes it is identical and the results cannot be known for sure. Only time or a dermatologist can give you the answers you seek

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus get off this forum ur hair is thicker than a grizzly bear. Why you stick around?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure really, I reacted badly when I first started loosing hair so like to calm others and give knowledge.
Well ok. But I doubt you would reach NW7 without treatments. even my regiment dont do jack sh*t for my hair so your genetic balding cant be severe considering you are only on finasteride and minoxidil.