im new

G

hello,
i am new and i am diffusely thinning over the top of my head. i am only 16 and tonight i am going to buzz it all of and if it does not look good i am going to kill myself. thank you for your time.

G

also since i am only 16 ans the whole top of my head is thinning, isnt that very bad? will i be completely bald by the time im 20? im so confused. whats the chances of my regrowing hair and being able to keep it while i get older? since it seems to be an agressive case of balding isnt my chances of regowth and maintaining pretty much nil?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
manic said:
also since i am only 16 ans the whole top of my head is thinning, isnt that very bad? will i be completely bald by the time im 20? im so confused. whats the chances of my regrowing hair and being able to keep it while i get older? since it seems to be an agressive case of balding isnt my chances of regowth and maintaining pretty much nil?

No one can tell when you will be bald, or if you will be bald at all. Did you see a dr to make sure its Male Pattern Baldness and not a thyroid or hormone related problem? (just to be safe).

Diffuse thinning is common. You will probably look good with a buzzcut or shaved head so don't worry. As far as treatment options, you COULD start rogaine extra strength. There is a pill you can take everyday called Propecia. But it will have detrimental effects on your development into manhood. Plus, there are many other complications it *could* cause. More on that later. Regrowth can occur, but its not guranteed. And usually it is only very little.

Most important thing, dont panic.

bombscience

Reaction score
hey manic panic,

I would say this. Go see a dermotologist to confirm you have male pattern baldness. then do a little research about what treatments you'd like to use. At the age of 16, Finasteride is out of the question. A topical inhibitor such as spironolactone might be the best route to keep as much as you can for the next couple of years until taking an internal DHT inhibitor is more appropriate.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
bump, propecia aint for you don;t even think about it.

Friend, we will do all we can for you, all of us want you to thicken up, in fact we all want to thicken up so it kind of works out. So there is a moderator on this board by the name of Bryan Shelton, he knows more about hairloss than dht itself. Coinidently he propagates a topical only regimen, tell him your age and conditon and hopefully by the time he's through with you, you will qualify for a phd in topical hair regrowth and such, or atleast hopefully he will guide you in the right direction. either way search for his posts in the archives, learn about your options than you'l be moreso able to appreciate his knowledge. As bomb sayed I can almost gaurantee topicl spironolactone is a good place to start...minoxidil...foligen...et all
good luck

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
manic, check your PM bro

G

yea well im starting on rogaine, this stuff is greasy as hell. so i buzzed all my hair off so its easier to apply. i like how my hair looks buzzed off anyways. its a lot cleaner looking! i also want to say going bald is not the end of the world. try shaving it off i guarentee it will look better than having hair that looks like sh*t. it gives you a clean cut appearence and also makes treating your hair much easier. it will especially look good if you have prominent facial features. sh*t guys just get a tan and its guarentted to look good. i hope you take this into consideration. anyways thanks for the help.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
manic said:
also is it unusual to be losing hair above your ears?
this id like to know. As I am losing my hair above my ears too. Some say it will eventually stop, others say no. I have never seen someone with male pattern baldness be totally bald above/around their ears.

anyone?

G

also i have a rash on the back of my head and it hurts. it may be becajuse of irritation from the clippers but im not sure, last time i buzzed it off there was a rash also. could this be causing me to bald? could it be due to an std?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
no. There are no stds that would cause a rash on the back of your head. I used to work for the health and social services. So if you do have any std related questions i could give you accurate answers.

Have you seen a dr yet about the hairloss? Is anyone else in your family bald?