I'm new. Tell me if my regimen seems alright.

the frog

Reaction score
Thanks for looking.

My regimen:
5% minoxidil twice a day
spironolactone 5% at night
Folligen in the morning
Nizoral every 3 days
Multi vitamin
Nioxin scalp conditioner every 3 days

I appreciate you time and opinions!
Jeremy

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would add Propecia, then you would have a rock solid regime, otherwise it looks pretty good :)

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is looks very good to me also! How long have you been treating?
My regimen is similar to yours. I personally don't want to go back to propecia. It didn't do mucho for and I prefer to apply things topically. But that's only me. Recently I have added avodart to my minoxidil solution. Don't know if it will work but I will let you know.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Start propecia, its the only drug that prevents hairloss.
minoxidil will eventually stop working as the hair follicles continue to get slaughtered by the immune system

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dump spironolactone 5% because it does not work. I tell you to dump 5% minoxidil but when you stop it, you will go through a heavy shedding process and everything that grewn from minoxidil will fall off even if you start taking Propecia. On that note, you should add Propecia 1MG or Proscar 1.25MG cut from 5MG a day. Both are made by Merck, people take Propecia because it's easier take and it's made just for hair loss. Other people take Proscar because it's cheaper by half the price and you get 0.25MG more then Propecia but you have to cut up the drug in to 4s which is not an easy thing to do. It was the drug that they found out that one of the side effect was hair regrowth which people were taking Proscar for enlarge prostate. Which in 1997, Merck got an FDA approve for hair loss treatment. That of now, it's the best way to regrow and/or maintain the hair you have for a long period of time. It works on 86% of people that takes it and most will maintain the hair that they have, some will regrow a slight bit and others will grow a pretty good amount but that is very very few.

I been taking Propecia for 23 month or almost 2 years and I have not miss one day of the drug and will not. Hopefully the drug will work for 10 years which by then a better drug will come by or cloning will save the day.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
kevinme said:
How can you say spironolactone doesn't work? Have you tried it :roll:

I feel like I say this every day here :( Note, I am not addressing this to only you Kevinme

Show me the peer reviewed, double-blind, clincial trials on a product and then I will believe it. Show me a spironolactone etc study, not some bull sh*t papers about some of the ingredients effect in rats, and then I will be happy to believe a product -- heck, I would even start using it.

Seriously, I just don't understand people sometimes :) I know we are all desperate, but I wish people would at least try to think before they leaped on these hairloss treatmentss :)

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well how do you feel about fluridil?? DO you think that study is enough to prove its effectiveness?

the frog

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies people!
I am not sure how well it is working because it has only been a few months, but will keep updating.

I need to do more research on proscar, because at the moment, I am afraid of possible side effects...

spironolactone seems safer to me. I would be very interested in your opinion of their relative risks, if anyone is that wise to these products.

It is interested how strong of opinions people have for- and against the same thing.

Best,
Jeremy

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
doesn't anyone else find it strange that there are so many drugs that 'kinda' work. I mean there's that study of spironolactone above that shows increased hair thickness... BUT i've seen a similar study on Nizoral, Tricomin/copper-peptides, Minoxidil and god knows what else.

I just find it strange that there are so many very different substances that have a slight effect. Maybe it's just me.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe that the main man HairLossTalk.com has kept the gains that he achieved with finasteride from a regimen of 5% spironolactone and revivogen.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article233.htm

Revivogen in combination with Spironolactone

"...this leads me now to what I consider to be the *ideal* way to use Revivogen: use it along with topical Spironolactone! Disregarding the saw palmetto content of Revivogen for the moment, consider that GLA and the other fatty acids have no effect on the androgen receptors of hair follicles. Conversely, Spironolactone has no effect on 5AR; it does not block it at all. Think of the one-two punch you could have by combining *both* substances, and stopping or reducing activity on *both* sides of the 5AR enzyme! I feel that this combination is even more likely to serve successfully as a topical substitute for finasteride (Propecia), for those of us who are looking for such an alternative.