I’m losing my hair? I have been experiencing hair loss. It is now thinning but no longer falling out.

Alexxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 22 years old. I have suffered from psoriasis since I was 10.

I have been using harsh (cortisone) shampoos for a long time for psoriasis.
And instead of blow drying them I would rub them with a towel.

I am now on an effective treatment for psoriasis.

Last year, coinciding with a period of stress and lockdown I started losing hair at the front and my hair was visibly more brittle and thin.

Now I've started washing it with more appropriate products and treating it with care. I am definitely not losing as much hair as before.

When I wash it I lose 5-6. On the pillow I find a couple. If I run my hand through my hair 4/5 times I only lose a couple.

However, where I have lost them I can see my scalp more than the rest of my head.

Is this normal? If I don't lose any more, does it mean that I can relax and that I don't suffer from alopecia? Or does it just mean that it is a slow process of loss hair?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 239

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There appears to be miniaturization, so I do think you have some degree of male pattern baldness. Keep in mind that most men have hair loss at some point in their lives. I would start treatment to prevent it from progressing.

Alexxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
There appears to be miniaturization, so I do think you have some degree of male pattern baldness. Keep in mind that most men have hair loss at some point in their lives. I would start treatment to prevent it from progressing.
I know that I have to contact a doctor. But there is not the possibility that I’m not losing my hair any more? Due to the fact that now i really don’t lose hair during the day. 100% sure not as one year before

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that I have to contact a doctor. But there is not the possibility that I’m not losing my hair any more? Due to the fact that now i really don’t lose hair during the day. 100% sure not as one year before
Some people lose a bit of hair in their 20s and then maintain most of it the rest of their life. Some people keep losing it. Some people don't lose a lot of hair until later in life. It's very genetic dependent. What is your family history?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your family history? I was in a similar spot a year ago at 23 and hopped on finasteride and minoxidil due to the fact that there are bald men in my maternal family, it turned out to be a good decision at the end, you can check my thread in this section if you want.