I'm Going With The Rahal Hairline !

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I had consultations from Hasson and Wong's adviser (they recommended me get 3000 to 3500 grafts FUT). Then I had my webcam consultation with Dr. Rahal's adviser. They recommended 2000 to 2500 FUE. Both saw the same photos of me, but only Rahal saw me on webcam. Both classified me as a Norwood5, I attached the main photo that i showed.

I decided to go with Rahal since their adviser said I can go FUT or FUE but told me it makes no difference honestly since he does his FUE work manually (does not use ARTAS machine). Its going to be pricey, I also was considering Dr Feller or Dr McGrath, but damn Rahal's hairlines are a work of art ! I normally wear my hair really really short, skin fade on sides with alittle on top.

Alittle bit about my journey, I am 35 now, noticed hair began to thin at age of 25. I decided to become very scientific in my approach and I have hours upon hours of research, If their was a "degree" in hairloss research Id atleast have a masters by now.

I grew out my hair to always do hair-count tests, fall out rate, and it gave me an idea on what works and what doesn't. I tried many things, I believe alot of things slowed it down, but unfortunately tragic events (near death experience in combat, concussion PTSD) unveiled those results. After I gotten out of the Army I was working as a contractor (with long hair as i maintained hair count) I was on all the natural stuff, and LLLT, with a low hair fall rate. Then I got hit by a VBIED and lost some close people, and I got rid of my laser, and stopped all treatments, and boy did my hair really take a dive !

I freaked out and got back on my regimen, (oils, revivogen, crinagen, spironolactone, LLLT). I started focusing on my health again (yes that profile pic is me). I then went to see Dr. McGrath in Texas for the controversial PRP+Acell treatment. With the long hair (as in attached photo) I saw hardly no more hair fall (the Acell was done in Nov 2017, this photo was taken March 2018) Since this photo I have now shaved my hair short again, because I want to "beef up" my hairline.

My only concern is both Dr's want to put some of these grafts deep into the middle of my scalp, and i know that will kill hairs next to it (shock loss). I will trust their work though, as they know best. Rahal recommends about 2500 grafts in a 50 to 60cm2 area, which will yield me 50grafts per cm2. I am waiting for good work vacation time to do this procedure, I feel I have stabilized my condition, I will share my journey with you all.

**Note im proud to say I sleep well now, enjoy life, very confident, my only complaint is I developed a p**rn-Inducted-Erectile-Dysfunction during my PTSD year, i was lonely, no contact with others, id literally stay in my room and jerk to p**rn literally all day long until no more libido. Once I fix my libido issue (im 35 now) I think i'll be living that perfect life again. Its strange, I have plenty of money (in 2 years I dont have to ever work again if i dont want (i invested well), i just want to get my libido back and find the right woman and be that social guy once more.

Attachments

• HW_top.JPG
    HW_top.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 785

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I had sent them many photos, here is a better one with outside lighting that really shows how bad it got. The original one i posted was in dim lighting. Sad part is, before that bomb concussion I was perfectly fine with nothing needed, but hey thats life. I hope Dr. Rahal can really work his magic on me.

**Note its hard to tell but my scalp and hair is WET in this photo, it was raining outside and I was hiking a difficult trail, sweat and rain** When dry you can barely tell I had hairloss besides the front recession. I just wanted to show a high light + wet look so you can see.

Attachments

• HW_1.JPG
    HW_1.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:

JReinhal

Reaction score
I had consultations from Hasson and Wong's adviser (they recommended me get 3000 to 3500 grafts FUT). Then I had my webcam consultation with Dr. Rahal's adviser. They recommended 2000 to 2500 FUE. Both saw the same photos of me, but only Rahal saw me on webcam. Both classified me as a Norwood5, I attached the main photo that i showed.

I decided to go with Rahal since their adviser said I can go FUT or FUE but told me it makes no difference honestly since he does his FUE work manually (does not use ARTAS machine). Its going to be pricey, I also was considering Dr Feller or Dr McGrath, but damn Rahal's hairlines are a work of art ! I normally wear my hair really really short, skin fade on sides with alittle on top.

Alittle bit about my journey, I am 35 now, noticed hair began to thin at age of 25. I decided to become very scientific in my approach and I have hours upon hours of research, If their was a "degree" in hairloss research Id atleast have a masters by now.

I grew out my hair to always do hair-count tests, fall out rate, and it gave me an idea on what works and what doesn't. I tried many things, I believe alot of things slowed it down, but unfortunately tragic events (near death experience in combat, concussion PTSD) unveiled those results. After I gotten out of the Army I was working as a contractor (with long hair as i maintained hair count) I was on all the natural stuff, and LLLT, with a low hair fall rate. Then I got hit by a VBIED and lost some close people, and I got rid of my laser, and stopped all treatments, and boy did my hair really take a dive !

I freaked out and got back on my regimen, (oils, revivogen, crinagen, spironolactone, LLLT). I started focusing on my health again (yes that profile pic is me). I then went to see Dr. McGrath in Texas for the controversial PRP+Acell treatment. With the long hair (as in attached photo) I saw hardly no more hair fall (the Acell was done in Nov 2017, this photo was taken March 2018) Since this photo I have now shaved my hair short again, because I want to "beef up" my hairline.

My only concern is both Dr's want to put some of these grafts deep into the middle of my scalp, and i know that will kill hairs next to it (shock loss). I will trust their work though, as they know best. Rahal recommends about 2500 grafts in a 50 to 60cm2 area, which will yield me 50grafts per cm2. I am waiting for good work vacation time to do this procedure, I feel I have stabilized my condition, I will share my journey with you all.

**Note im proud to say I sleep well now, enjoy life, very confident, my only complaint is I developed a p*rn-Inducted-Erectile-Dysfunction during my PTSD year, i was lonely, no contact with others, id literally stay in my room and jerk to p*rn literally all day long until no more libido. Once I fix my libido issue (im 35 now) I think i'll be living that perfect life again. Its strange, I have plenty of money (in 2 years I dont have to ever work again if i dont want (i invested well), i just want to get my libido back and find the right woman and be that social guy once more.
Where is Dr Rahal located?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is Dr Rahal located?

He operates in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada but travels a bit around for consults eg. Toronto.

I met the man and I found him incredibly uninterested in anything really to do with my case or anything. He was probably just burned out from flying, but I'd just be sure you have worked out a plan you are happy with.

Never have too much faith in these surgeons either. Be sure you know what you're getting. A lot of the transplant before/after pictures are smoke and mirrors caused by good lighting, styling, and angles. A transplant will always have significantly lower density than natural hair.

OP make sure you're on a long term med like finasteride or you will have a bad long term result as the rest falls out.