I'm Exhausted, I Wanted To Get This Off My Chest

Hajo1992

Reaction score
Heya guys,

I'm a 24 year old Dutch guy and have been battling hair loss since I was 19 years old.
I just wanted to tell me story once again and get it off my chest.
It's long but bear with me. Tips/recommendations are welcome

2013-2014

I went to the GP/doctor first and prescribed me finasteride. So I've took that first pill and a few moments after that I felt a pain in my groin/balls. I didn't think much of it at first.
Keep in my mind, I had read nothing about the side effects yet.
A few weeks after when I was ready for sexy time with my former girlfriend I've noticed that ''mister down below'' wasn't working properly (half erect). People also started to notice some behavioral changes. So after a few months/weeks I felt forced to quit and everything started working again. In the summer of 2013 I've decided to get a transplant (1500 grafts) at the temples since some of my friends felt to point out my hair loss (as I hadn't noticed it). You guys all know what happens when you don't take finasteride with an hair transplant....

2015-2016

Anxious to do outdoor activities, sleepless nights and a lot of insecurity forced me into another transplant.
So in 2015 it was time for the 2nd hair transplant (3500 grafts) because I had lost such an amount of hair density. I started Minoxidil at this time. Things we looking good (self confidence, no worries) until the summer of 2016, I've noticed that I had to use more Toppik to cover it all up.
I started to work at a barber shop (website/online marketing related) and I've told them my story and advised me Serioxyl (includes stemoxydine). The barber itself is thinning but he always looks good with his hair style. He once shaved his head and started to use Serioxyl and said it helped him regrow some hair. He gave me it a huge discount, so there was no money in it for him. So i've started it but never finished the treatment. This was because I came across the Belgravia Centre and their minoxidil solutions: 5% minoxidl + MPG (morning) and 12,5% Minoxidil + Azelaic Acid at night.
So I had high hopes for this because it would block DHT on the scalp.

2017 - now:

I'm not using the Minoxidil on a daily basis anymore. The cream makes my hair very greasy and is difficult to wash out. Next to that, it makes my scalp very itchy. I've been shedding ever since I'm on it and I've seen no regrowth or stabilisation.

2 days ago I've found myself crying in the badroom (once again). I couldn't get my hair done as I've used to. Toppik and the pomade I usually use got into a fight. I went from a haircut every 2-3 weeks to a barber visit every week...
My school keeps refusing my researchproposal, my internship got pissed because I was late twice (hair loss related sadly) and I'm just exhausted when typing this.

Just really wanted to share it to you guys. I have no clue what to do at this point and I'm physically and metally exhausted. I'm thinking about transplant number 3 since most hairs on my head are transplants (except the thinning sides of my head). There goes my savings but I'm willing to sacrifice it. Maybe PRP + Acell is a solution?

Note: Sorry if there are any grammitical mistakes
Note 2: Please don't go all ''Should've used finasteride dumbass''. I know some of you guys tend to play marketeer for Merck and prescribe finasteride to everyone ;)

resu

Reaction score
I also experienced the testicular ache after taking finasteride for the first time and it lasted for quite a few days later after I've quit it. You did well in stopping finasteride but now it progressed, maybe you could try RU+Minoxidil from Belgravia.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for your bro . i know what happens when you got finasteride sides .
Maybe hair transplant so young wasn't a good idea without fina .
Don't know what you could do if you can't take a dht inhibitor

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sides of your head thinning too? are you sure it's male pattern baldness?

i understand how pervasive hair loss can be. it negatively affects other aspects of your life.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Klote man. Zelf heb ik ook moeite met haarverlies. En al heb ik nu nog een respectabele kop haar, ik vrees voor de toekomst.

Weet dat je niet aĺleen staat, er zijn altijd mensen die willen helpen.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i felt like this once upon a time. I left these forums and started hitting the gym and partying, trying new things and basically living life.

Ten years later im back and happy. Ive been back on here for afew months now and see these posts. Sounds silly but you just need to chill and do stuff that makes you happy.

Hope you snap out of it broski

Hajo1992

Reaction score
Man i felt like this once upon a time. I left these forums and started hitting the gym and partying, trying new things and basically living life.

Ten years later im back and happy. Ive been back on here for afew months now and see these posts. Sounds silly but you just need to chill and do stuff that makes you happy.

Hope you snap out of it broski
Shaved it off?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaved it off?

Id you are having a really hard time doing anything with it and its getting you down then why not. If you can grow stubble, shaved heads actually look decent on alot of people. I shaved mine afew times and it is such a relief not worrying about the wind exposing you and waking up and not having to worry.

My current gf wasnt a big fan last time i did it but theres plenty of chicks who dig it. Ive had shaved head for periods up to 1 year when im single and got plenty of action out in the town.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
My current gf wasnt a big fan last time i did it

IMG_4108.JPG

Hajo1992

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about a PRP treatment.
The results look pretty nice. I might even get another hair transplant and be done with it.
There is one specific spot in the middle of my head where I'm really worried about. If an hair transplant could fill that up and the PRP could maintain some of my current hair I hope to go back to my early 2016 hair...
It wasn't Justin Bieber hair but it looked full, easy to style, just a little bit of toppik to cover the back and I was happy with it!

Any advice?