I'm dropping Nizoral

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It just seems to completely fry my hair, and I'm not completely sold on the idea that its "proven regrowth" is even cosmetically significant.

The derm I went to about my male pattern baldness in the first place actually told me not to use it because it causes hairloss. I think he might be right, atleast in my case.

I'm thinking about switching to Revita, because even though it contains Keto, it seems to leave people's hair in much better shape.

Thoughts?

Sean68

Reaction score
revita's :gay: do you use conditioner? my hair feels soft as hands that do dishes afterwards.

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit the Nizoral too. It made my hair all itchy and irritated. Maybe it's because i've an oily scalp, not dandruffy one.

I've switched to moogoo with spironolactone added since then and can't stop touching it because it feels so soft and lovely.

ali777

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie, so don't take my word for it. I was thinking of going for nizoral and minoxidil, but I read somewhere else that revita has a more complete formula than nizoral, meaning it contains higher number of ingredients. So, I decided to go with revita.

I've been using it for a week, so far I like it. It does actually make my hair soft. No complaints here.

One week might be too soon to jump into conclusions, but everything is fine for me.

ali777

Reaction score
rossyl said:
what is this stuff, and is it sold in the UK?

I bought it from an online retailer. Use your favourite search engine, I paid £15.

barcafan

Reaction score
use the 1%, the 2% killed my hair, the 1% is definitely tolerable.

use conditioner or repeat with a thickening shampoo after nizoral.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Its these kinda of threads that puts me off adding nizoral to my regime. Its way to harsh. I dont know I dont think it would good for everyone. I just know I dont have the right hair characteristics for it. My hair is much to fine, this harsh chemical would burn it away probably.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
On the days I use my nizoral (1%) I use my graftcyte conditioner. Hair feels fine afterwards.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i dropped nizoral and used a PTO shampoo. can't tell any different after stopping it.

i guess shampoo just doesn't make much different. so if nizoral is giving you scalp problem, i will rather drop it as it might do more harm then good.

lazarus

Reaction score
This stuff worked great for me at the start, but it began to dry my scalp out and cause irritation. I've cut usage back to once or twice a month from once or twice a week and things are good.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Yeah I think I am going to give it up too since I noticed how even more wispy my hair looked today compared to Monday and that was 1%, I am not even going to try 2%.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I find that Nizoral is doing miracles for my hair. They look bad for the first couple of hours but afterwards they feel much thicker. I think it also has a very positive long term effect.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
I find that Nizoral is doing miracles for my hair. They look bad for the first couple of hours but afterwards they feel much thicker. I think it also has a very positive effect long term.

How long have you been using it?

I thought the same thing at first as well, but noticed that after I'd been using it for a while (several months) it made my hair completely limp and lifeless.

I just ordered Revita and will be using it from now on. I don't want to miss out on Keto's hair growth benefits (however slight they may be - better than nothing I guess) and Revita just seems like a much more complete shampoo than Nizoral - which is mainly designed as an occasional use thing - not a 3x weekly for an indefinite period of time.

Take2

Reaction score
have been usingt nizoral for about 1 year now with no noticeable difference either way... I use it eery 3 days...