Im Down 65% Of Initial Density On Top, Is It Bad Time To Add minoxidil To finasteride?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alreadt taking finasteride, but the velocity of hair loss is alarming, every head wash i lost up to 200 hairs, which i do every 3-4 days.
Should i add minoxidil to try to save what's left or pray and let finasteride do its thing?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Put up some pictures. And how old r u n how long have you been experiencing hair loss?

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is normal with Finasteride. It's actually a good sign: weak hairs are leaving room for stronger ones.

There seems to be a trend with difuse thinning: it's the type of Androgenetic Alopecia best suited for Finasteride.

Show us some pics and we'll tell you.

The reality of Androgenetic Alopecia is simple as of 2019: antiandrogens (Finas), growth stimulants (minoxidil), good shampoo (Keto 2-3 times per week; normal shampoo the rest of the days, with neutral ph), and vitamins (specially biotin).

There's little more you can do (except, of course, a hair transplant. And you would have to keep Finas after that.)

And mesotherapies are also really good, but they are actually quite expensive. 200 euros per session here in Spain.

Last edited: