Im confused :S

criminalvoice

Reaction score
hi guys!
Im confused about something.. I have began to lose my hairs when I was 17 and I started to take propecia for 3 months and quited it...
later then I used rogaine just for 3 months.. later I started again to propecia I think I took propecia for 8 months and I didnt shed any hair but I could see new hairs from my temples then my doctor said that quit propecia and use rogaine then I started to use rogaine my hairs shed for three weeks then everything was normal.. but later I have learned that finasteride is cheaper in proscar and now Im using proscar with rogaine and after one month sheding start ... and it is still sheding.but when I was takin finasteride first time it didnt shed now it is sheding for two months :s Im confused my hairs shed when I taking proscar not propecia..
Im confused now.. what do you think? or it just a sheding period of finasteride[/b]

G

i wouldn't worry about it but your doctor is a f*****g idiot and you should stop going to him. no reputable doctor would recommend getting off finasteride and only using rogaine unless you had some biological problem with finasteride. that's not going to stop any hair loss. rogaine doesn't stop hair loss. it just rejuvenates hair follicles and grows them out while you continue to lose hair.

don't get off finasteride again. it's not good to keep getting off and on it 3 or 4 times. find a treatment whether it's just finasteride, or finasteride+rogaine, and STICK WITH IT. stop switching it up or else you'll never figure out what works and you'll end up screwing yourself.

G

I am for from being a hair loss expert, but I wouldn´t worry about it either. The active ingredient in Propecia and Proscar is Finasteride and it shouldn´t make any difference which one you take.

I also agree with Jayman that your "doctor" has no clue of what he is talking about when he told you to stop finasteride even though you didn´t experience any major side effects! Good Luck and don´t stress about your hair loss that much!

criminalvoice

Reaction score
yeah u are he said me stop finasteride but I decided to use it.. and now Im using proscar1/4 then u say sheding is just a period of finasteride..for my stiuation..

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
what was you Doctor doing prescribing a 17 year old propecia anyways?