I'm back - have some catch-up questions. Please help!

bombscience

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I'm posting again and hope to participate with the limited time I have. Since I left, I've been on a hard core regimen, which I'll describe in another post. The short: dutasteride + finasteride + minoxidil 15% + nizoral. Yes, i can still have sex.

So, since I left I have some questions about things I probably missed while I was gone. Please help where you can:

• Topicals
  • Does Rogaine Foam really work "better" than 5% solution? [/*:m:01c8c]
  • Does Rogaine Foam contain propylene glycol?[/*:m:01c8c]
  • Are there any updates on Dr. Lee's minoxidils? Everyone satisfied?[/*:m:01c8c]
  • Is there another source for topical Spironolactone besides Dr. Lee?

Internals[/*:m:01c8c]
  • Where is the best place I can purchase real finasteride and dutasteride? I use United Pharmacies currently.

Experimentals[/*:m:01c8c]
  • Are people using RU58841? Where could i procure some if necessary?[/*:m:01c8c]
  • Is the debate on Fluridil over? Does it "work?"[/*:m:01c8c]
  • What's the status of OSH101? Anyone online a clinical tester?[/*:m:01c8c]

Thanks for your help!

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll try to answer the best I can:
1. Really better? no one knows for sure yet, but people have good experience with it and it's more convenient than the liquid.
2.Here the list from the bottle: Active ingredients: Minoxidil 5% Inactive ingredients: butane, butylated hydoxytoluene, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, fragrance, glycerin, isobutane, lactic acid, polysorbate 60, propane, purified water, SD alcohol 40-B, stearyl alcohol.
3. Not much updates. I think that the foam and spectral DNC pretty much took all the market of the minoxi.
4. Yes. genhair.com sells about the same stuff with the same price. There's also cemstore.com selling liquid topical spironolactone, but I don't know if they are legitimate. You can also find spironolactone in Dr proctor's Proxiphen prescription.
5. I have no idea, sorry.
6. There's only one lab selling ru. Besides price I think it has some stability issues, so although it was great in lab test, when people made it themselves it wasn't effecitve sometimes, and the problem is that you can't be sure if the stuff you're using is effective or it has been degraded.
7. Not over since there's still not enough evidences. My personal experince with fluridil is very good so far (5 months).
8. I think it's still on test, and I don't know about anyone having it as "experimental product".

Since I'm relatively "new" and you are relatively "old" :)
Could you please give a short summary of your experience: age, since when do you have male pattern baldness, old and current regimen, status. Thanks!

G

bombscience, make a story please! You sound like you have a lot to tell!

bombscience

Reaction score
All - thanks for the feedback. I have limited time these days, but posting a story is my next step.

No propylene glycol in Rogaine foam! Nice.

Beethoven, some other questions:
What is the benefit of Aminexil in this spectral DNC you talk about?
What results have you seen with Fluridil? Regrowth, stability?

G

Doom said:
What's propylene glycol ??

It's a chemical found in liquid Rogaine that can irritate the scalp in some people. It also is responsible for some of the flaking and other bad stuff that comes along with the liquid, I believe. You don't have to worry about that with Rogaine Foam because it doesn't contain propylene glycol.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Aminexil is claimed to prevent (or even reverse) the hardening and stiffening of the follicle tissue that cut the follicle from getting enough blood, and results with miniaturization and death of the follicle after a few cycles.
Here's a discussion about a study that had good results:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=35051
You can get it in DNC or stand alone products.

My results so far in the 5 months after stopping finasteride are maintaining, maybe a little (tiny) regrowth in my temples (I'm really not sure about it, maybe it's just optimistic imagination...).