no. of years since started: 4 years

current program:
1. finasteride 1mg, finpecia brand (widely known as propecia) - 1x a day
2. nature's gate biotin bamboo - 1x a day
3. nizoral 2% - 1x every 5 days
4. Koi beauty Derma Stamp 1.0mm titanium - 3x a week
5. Rogaine Foam

did NOT work:
1. 2017 formula Pura d or Gold Argan oil Shampoo - *2016 formula used to work very well
2. Magestic pure hair loss shampoo
3. Art Naturals argan oil shampoo

Hi my name is Anna, i started my husband's hair loss journey and thought i should share it with you. My then boyfriend of 8 years, Hugo was suffering from hair loss with receding hairline and signifant thinning of the crown area. His hair is naturally dry on the strands but very oily on the scalp/hair follicles. Nobody in his male dominant family and relatives were bald, except for 1 uncle. I know he was depressed and insecure about his hair because he never wanted to talk about it. He believed there was no cure.

We got engaged on December 2015. By this time, he already accepted his fate of going bald. After a heated conversation with lots of tears, i was able to talk him into starting this hair loss treatment journey. I have to admit, aside from him gaining confidence, i also wanted to feel proud of my soon to be husband on our wedding day. We are based in the Philippines so buying hair loss treatment items can get expensive because of the shipping cost. So we decided to start on products that are cheaper and have natural ingredients.

The 1st shampoo we tried was the 2016 Pura d or Gold Argan Oil and it really thickened his hair and lessened hair fall. However, when we ordered again on 2017 we noticed the formulation changed, it no longer had Argan oil on the ingredients and it made him shed signifantly. So on the next shampoo we made sure there's Argan Oil. And this was Magestic Pure Hair Loss Shampoo. it had the closest ingredients to the original 2016 Pura d or. But it had a watery consistency and Hugo still had the same amount of hair loss that did not recover. Same with Art Naturals shampoo.

So i decided to start him on Rogaine Foam. I noticed that rogaine helped maintain his receding hairline. Then we added Finasteride 1mg once a day, THAT gave him the most significant hair growth especially on the crown. After 4 months of using this, i can honestly say that my husband was very handsome on our wedding day.

Fast forward to 2 years later, Hugo's hair started to shed slowly. I read somewhere here that if you take Finasteride for a long time without taking a break, your body might become immune to the effect. So he took a break from any Hair Growth products for 2 months except for shampoo.

When he got back on the program, i was getting Fractional Needling Therapy for my Facial Acne Scars. FNT increases absorption of any serum treatment because of the small wounds created by needling. I thought i should try this on him and bought the Derma stamp 1.0mm. Hugo Applies it on his scalp and hairline for 3 minutes right before putting on Rogaine Foam. This has been the most effective in growing out new hair and it greatly improved his hairline. I then added Nizoral 2% for him to use 1x every 5 days, and the results, close to no hairfall at all! I forgot to mention that his scalp used to have a slight odor no matter what shampoo he used but after this, it smelled good. For a year now, Both of us enjoy touching his hair without worrying because its so thick and healthy! Im so glad we made it and hope our journey helps you too.

Wishing you all the hair,
Anna

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no results with hair loss shampoo too. finasteride works great