I'm a little bit paranoid... help

justcurious

Reaction score
I have a quick question which might sound completely stupid to some, but I just wanna see if someone knows for sure:

is it possible I'm balding, even though I don't shed virtually any hair while I shower (1 or 2), sleep or do anything else? My question basically is:

can you lose your hair without actually losing it?

Thanks.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
Yes they say little hair gremlins come out at night and will snatch a few hairs per night from you then one day you wake up bald headed and then start asking me about how to shave your head properly. But then you wake up and realize how silly that is.

I don't think you can have significant hairloss without seeing any fallen hairs occasionally, but maybe you have extremely slow hairloss that you just don't notice the hairs? in that case you'll be 50yrs old by the time you are slick. Stop worrying about your hair and enjoy it while you still have it.

justcurious

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Thanks for that. Anybody else?

dude post up some pics and we will tell you...youre not giving us much to work with here.

I was going to, but I don't know where's the cable thing to connect to the PC.
I was just wondering if it's possible to lose your hair without noticing a shed, that's all. What do you think?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
justcurious said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
justcurious said:
Thanks for that. Anybody else?

dude post up some pics and we will tell you...youre not giving us much to work with here.

I was going to, but I don't know where's the cable thing to connect to the PC.
I was just wondering if it's possible to lose your hair without noticing a shed, that's all. What do you think?

I am willing to bet this is another one of those Norwood 1 guys with enough hair density to put Dr. Armani out of business.

Just Curious - do you have thin spot or bald patches? Are you even marginally diffuse or receding? If not, what the FUK are you doing on these forums? Stop trolling and get a life.

justcurious

Reaction score
I'm sincerely not trolling. I just wanna know more about hair, and you guys are probably the most knowledgeable people when it comes to hair. I mean, if there's someone who knows how to take care of hair and stuff, it's you all.

And I have a question, just like everybody else. It worries me, in case you need to know (as much as you're worried about your problems). You need to be nicer to people when you meet them, you know, everybody's going through some problem. That's all.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe you can.

I am definitely suffering male pattern baldness but rarely notice any hair falling out. Guess I don't look for it hard enough...?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes you dont have to be shedding tons, baldness is'nt about hair falling out all over the place its about the effects of DHT ie: hair miniturisation and the dormant phase of the follicles. After the hair is shed the follicle resting phase/dormant period is increased by the effects of DHT and the individual hairs suffer from miniturisation a severe thinning of the hair shaft itself and a reduced growth period. Its usually only in the early stages (when you still have plenty left) that you notice all the shedding.