Im ~3 Weeks On 0.5 finasteride, I Still Shed, Do I Bring It Up To 1mg Or I Can Stick Wit That For A While?

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 weeks? That's nothing. Also why do you use 0.5 when the recommended is 1mg? Personally I would use 1mg and wait a couple of months (at least 6) to know for sure if it is working or not.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is dangerously thin, looking scary as f***
Your hair will shed and go through cycles. You may not see improvements for a year or more. You will shed miniature hairs along with thick hairs depending on what stage they are in at the time. Why 0.5 mg

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair will shed and go through cycles. You may not see improvements for a year or more. You will shed miniature hairs along with thick hairs depending on what stage they are in at the time. Why 0.5 mg
cautious of sides, scared to take full dose

i read studies posted in here that supposedly after 0.5mg the change in amoint of DHT inhibited isnt proportionate to finasteride dose increase

do u think i shud go for full 1mg?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

i read studies posted in here that supposedly after 0.5mg the change in amoint of DHT inhibited isnt proportionate to finasteride dose increase

Stick with 0.5mg for 6-8 months and re evaluate. You’ll probably get worse in the first 2 months .. everyone does. Once at the 8 month mark if you have zero sides then think about going up.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score

Don't read the b.s. on here. I was taking 5 mg finasteride plus 0.5 mg dutasteride everyday for years. No sides. If you get water retention/ higher estrogen take arimidex. E.o.d. gyno is hereditary. That's why not everyone gets it.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't read the b.s. on here. I was taking 5 mg finasteride plus 0.5 mg dutasteride everyday for years. No sides. If you get water retention/ higher estrogen take arimidex. E.o.d. gyno is hereditary. That's why not everyone gets it.
shud i take 1mg or remain on 0,5mg?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
if 0.5mg doesn't work then 1mg won't work either. Ur NW5 right? did u get a hair transplant yet?
If you read the studies not the fear mongering and bro science posted on this site. You would see for example that 2.5 mg of dutasteride gave the best results. And 5 mg of finasteride gave better results than 1. Mg. There shouldn't be a question.
So why would you think that .5 mg would be just as effective as 1. Mg of finasteride

Last edited:

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if 0.5mg doesn't work then 1mg won't work either. Ur NW5 right? did u get a hair transplant yet?
im Norwood~3ish diffuse, i cant get transplant cuz diffusin in nw6 pattern

If you read the studies not the fear mongering and bro science posted on this site. You would see for example that 2.5 mg of dutasteride gave the best results. And 5 mg of finasteride gave better results than 1. Mg. There shouldn't be a question.
So why would you think that .5 mg would be just as effective as 1. Mg of finasteride
can u link those? i read the oppsite, that 0,5mg inhibits nearly as much as 1mg.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
im Norwood~3ish diffuse, i cant get transplant cuz diffusin in nw6 pattern

can u link those? i read the oppsite, that 0,5mg inhibits nearly as much as 1mg.
No, but if you have Google and time you will find it. It's up to you to do real research. You read opposite from not real studies

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
No, but if you have Google and time you will find it. It's up to you to do real research. You read opposite from not real studies
I've been taking 5ar's since 1998, I was around before even rogaine was approved for hairloss, then in 1997 propecia, then years later dutasteride was discovered but was never approved for hairloss. Not because it was ineffective but because of profit

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So how often and how much arimidex do you take?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Most people recommend Raloxine instead of arimidex. What are yoir thoughts on this?
No experience with it. I personally take aromasin twice a week. The only sides I've had from dutasteride was water retention, so I don't need much! Plus I follow a paleo diet. I recommended arimidex because some people fear aromasin because it increases testosterone. I Like it better and it doesn't seem to change cholesterol levels