I’m 20, Am I Going Bald? Pls Help

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, just need honest opinions on whether or not I may be on the way to baldness. My dad is bald, though my moms side doesn’t have any history when it comes to balding.

I thought me permanently dying my hair a lighter colour when I was young was a cause for my uneven hairline on the left temple as it was thin on that side since I can remember but I don’t know anymore. I never really paid attention to it as I have long hair and my hairline seems fine when not looking from a birds eye view.
Thanks

Attachments

• 3EEDDEA7-43C1-4011-8C01-D57B52483E94.jpeg
    3EEDDEA7-43C1-4011-8C01-D57B52483E94.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 3548719F-A22C-4BCE-B686-F4338C4A107A.jpeg
    3548719F-A22C-4BCE-B686-F4338C4A107A.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 6231F464-624C-4578-8009-38BC8B945ED5.jpeg
    6231F464-624C-4578-8009-38BC8B945ED5.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 8D7005A4-525D-4085-8F01-61C5161F7493.jpeg
    8D7005A4-525D-4085-8F01-61C5161F7493.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 377
  • EA136078-AFE9-465E-89A4-2E15044EECA8.jpeg
    EA136078-AFE9-465E-89A4-2E15044EECA8.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 396

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, just need honest opinions on whether or not I may be on the way to baldness. My dad is bald, though my moms side doesn’t have any history when it comes to balding.

I thought me permanently dying my hair a lighter colour when I was young was a cause for my uneven hairline on the left temple as it was thin on that side since I can remember but I don’t know anymore. I never really paid attention to it as I have long hair and my hairline seems fine when not looking from a birds eye view.
Thanks
Yes your hairline goes back. If you go bald I can't answer but I would keep an eye on it especially because your dad is bald. Maybe hop on rogaine.

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes your hairline goes back. If you go bald I can't answer but I would keep an eye on it especially because your dad is bald. Maybe hop on rogaine.
Ah for real? I’ll look into Rogaine then :((
Thanks for the comment

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it. You lose anything more than a couple mm's and you'll look like you have a ski slope above your eyebrows.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think I should hop on finasteride ? I’m kinda scared lol
I don't know. Too many variables. these pictures are not enough and I don't know what your hair looked like a couple years ago.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think I should hop on finasteride ? I’m kinda scared lol
If you are not scared of the side effects than you should.Minoxidil is not something to start with if you just want to maintain.With finasteride you could maintain what you have and maybe even regrow something.You probably have better hair than most of us here so you should be happy that you caught it this early.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have almost no recession. Just watch it and check again in a year or two. No need for meds atm.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not scared of the side effects than you should.Minoxidil is not something to start with if you just want to maintain.With finasteride you could maintain what you have and maybe even regrow something.You probably have better hair than most of us here so you should be happy that you caught it this early.
True

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be smart,If you are not seeing any hair on your pillow,in the shower or in the sink you are probably not losing your hair.

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be smart,If you are not seeing any hair on your pillow,in the shower or in the sink you are probably not losing your hair.
Yeah, I’m not seeing anything on my pillow or in the shower so I guess I’m somewhat good? Idk. Thanks for the reply

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am kinda scared of the side effects, but I know it apparently only affects 2% of people if I’m right. I just don’t wanna hop on meds that I probably don’t need and waste money :(

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am kinda scared of the side effects, but I know it apparently only affects 2% of people if I’m right. I just don’t wanna hop on meds that I probably don’t need and waste money :(
What's important to recognise is that the people who suffer from permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride use are a tiny percentage of that 2%. Most of the 2% who get problems will be fine once they're off the drug. There's an awful amount of misreporting on the internet about this. It is exaggeration.

I wouldn't waste your money unnecessarily. Keep track of your hair for any change over time. As well as taking photos in different light, it is also good to take a video here and there of you walking around your room with your head down so you can expose it to different light. Light can make a big difference.

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's important to recognise is that the people who suffer from permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride use are a tiny percentage of that 2%. Most of the 2% who get problems will be fine once they're off the drug. There's an awful amount of misreporting on the internet about this. It is exaggeration.

I wouldn't waste your money unnecessarily. Keep track of your hair for any change over time. As well as taking photos in different light, it is also good to take a video here and there of you walking around your room with your head down so you can expose it to different light. Light can make a big difference.
Thanks for the comment, info & advice! Hopefully I’m actually not losing my hair :(

gyolden

My Regimen
Reaction score
still contemplating on whether or not I should hop on finasteride.

Based on these pictures, do you guys think I should?! If you see this, please reply:oops: I can send other pics if it helps

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
still contemplating on whether or not I should hop on finasteride.

Based on these pictures, do you guys think I should?! If you see this, please reply:oops: I can send other pics if it helps
IMO, speak to a derm first. They can 100% identify if you have male pattern baldness.