I'm 19 and balding as hell

Reqez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm 19 and I've started my finasteride journey 9 weeks ago.
My first problems with hair loss started in 2019 (I was 16/17 at the time) and now it's just worse and worse every single day. I didn't want to use finasteride at first, so I was using RU-58841 for 5 months (Oct 2020 - March 2021) and microneedling (Nov 2020 - Feb 2021). After wasting my time without any results I've decided to try something that could really help me, so I'm taking 1mg finasteride daily.
My hairline is NW2 now but the worst problem is completely no hair density, like the worst that I've ever seen at my age. Also, I don't exactly know when, but I've started hair shedding like crazy a few weeks ago and I still do. I'm terrified because I can't have any hairstyle because of the density (neither could I before but now it's even worse). I'm just 19 so I don't want to be bold as fast as my father did. He was NW4/4.5 at the age of 30 and now he is NW6, maybe 7, at the age of 50.
So here are my few questions:
1. When will I stop hair shedding? As I said before, I don't exactly know when I've started, but it's been 9 weeks on finasteride, so it should end by now.
2. Should I use minoxidil?
3. And if I would use minoxidil, will I start shedding again? I'm scared that I will lose even more hair than I'm losing by finasteride shedding right now.
4. When can I possibly see the first results of the usage of finasteride?

Photos are from: 2019; 2 months ago; from now; 2020

Attachments

• 2019png.png
    2019png.png
    644.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 2 months ago.png
    2 months ago.png
    676.8 KB · Views: 352
  • now.png
    now.png
    570 KB · Views: 340
  • 2020 png.png
    2020 png.png
    904.8 KB · Views: 368

Jorik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My first problems with hair loss started in 2019 (I was 16/17 at the time) and now it's just worse and worse every single day. I didn't want to use finasteride at first, so I was using RU-58841 for 5 months (Oct 2020 - March 2021) and microneedling (Nov 2020 - Feb 2021). After wasting my time without any results I've decided to try something that could really help me, so I'm taking 1mg finasteride daily.
My hairline is NW2 now but the worst problem is completely no hair density, like the worst that I've ever seen at my age. Also, I don't exactly know when, but I've started hair shedding like crazy a few weeks ago and I still do. I'm terrified because I can't have any hairstyle because of the density (neither could I before but now it's even worse). I'm just 19 so I don't want to be bold as fast as my father did. He was NW4/4.5 at the age of 30 and now he is NW6, maybe 7, at the age of 50.
1. When will I stop hair shedding? As I said before, I don't exactly know when I've started, but it's been 9 weeks on finasteride, so it should end by now.
3. And if I would use minoxidil, will I start shedding again? I'm scared that I will lose even more hair than I'm losing by finasteride shedding right now.

You should Buzz Ur Hair, your thin hair wint be
Hi guys,

your Hairline is nice bro, just buzz it so density wont be a problem. Stick with finasteride for a year and ur hair will be thicker. I am 19 also and my hairloss is way, way worse. Take finasteride and simply don't worry anymore.