im 18 and need help

12step

Reaction score
ok im 18 and i started taking propecia since mid jan,
iwas noticing alot of hair on my pillow and to be honest it was everywhere,it started last summer during a really stressfull time everything was happening,
i started going to the doctor in autume last year because my scalp was so ithy,i got prescibed a steroid to stop the ithing for 2 weeks,he firsr thought i had nits so i got teated for that too,anyway on my last appiment the doctor tpld me he thought it was male pattern baldness,because he thought there was slight ressiion on my temple to the right,he said to get regain but i didnt,
because it doesnt treat the root of the problem,
so i started taking 0.1 mg proscar,i then i was reading about the side effects i decided to go down to 0.3 because i dont have full beard groth yet its patchy and im not that big so i thought that would be enof for me,around 2 weeks ago i noticed a a decrease in libedo,i used toj/o everyday and now wouldnt bother me if i did it only 2 or 3 times a week,
so last week i went off itfor a few days and within 4 days my sex drive was back,i went back on and im not that horny,i was reading that some people have lost their sex drive for ever even after going off it and im worried,my hair loss now has slowed down,except for my right temple its feels dry andthe hair seems to be very thinfor around a cm around where the hair kinda juts out in a guy,
im really depressed over this and i dont want this to be on my mind sometimes i forget about it but im worring that im messing with the ressof my life,i dont know how often to wash my hair becaue theirs so many contrdicting reports on what do,ive noticed that some morning s i dont wake up with errections,i dont remember before if i had them every morning,today i wasnt even turned on but wanted to j/o just to see that i cud and theirs a pain in my blow my testical its not that bad buts it more of a feeling,
i know in rambling but this is my life i dont really want to be thinking about this,i just want to live instead of worrying bout ym nxt shed etc
ive read about soy been converted to eqol which in rats has been shown to decrease dht,so im drinking alot of that but it doesnt happen in everyone,
theres no1 i can confine in so i just need advice,i still have a full head of hair,i wouldnt even think of male pattern baldness but one of brothers is only 22 and lost alot of hair,my father has more hair,but my other brothers are normal,i always thought he was that way because of his diet, and he dosnt eat healthy,
i bought a antioxidant pills with green tea extract and blueberry exteact and a load of other things and im taking that for last few weeks,
lonly kid

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
My advice to you since you are still young, that don’t take Propecia at this age, use a Topical treatment.
Plus try shaving your head, first it helps observe the topical medicines, second there is a Myth that the blade has a reaction on the scalp which leads to stronger hair.

Research everything before doing anything, this site provides better information than many doctors out there.
:study:

MEvsMPB

Reaction score
Hi,
i know how you feel, I'm also 18 (turnin 19 next month) and already a NW2.I started Proscar 1,25 around 2 1/2 months ago.
One thing I'd like to say is, that with all this bad posts here going on, ppl will start to think all about sides and actually get them.

I remember when I dropped my first pill I had read an article here like:

"limp dick, 1 week on finasteride"
"am I going to ruin my manhood" etc.

And believe me, 3 hours after I had taken the first pill I started to notice a hot feeling in my balls, no joke!

The next day after I realized that nothin happened I knew that it was all in my head.

don't think too much about it!

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
its ok. im fine and look below !

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shaving your head does nothing for male pattern baldness and does not make your hair grow back thicker or stronger....

and i started Propecia at age 18 - no sides

12step

Reaction score
hey whats 1 mg dutas ?
im still losing some hair but its not as bad as it was,i think i will stick with for another while,i read alot of scentific reports last nigh about giving rats 1000 times he dose we take and they didnt really get any side effects and anythat they got dissapered,

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
12step said:
hey whats 1 mg dutas ?
im still losing some hair but its not as bad as it was,i think i will stick with for another while,i read alot of scentific reports last nigh about giving rats 1000 times he dose we take and they didnt really get any side effects and anythat they got dissapered,

Dutasteride. its a more powerful version of propecia. i take twice the recommended doasage to inhibit more scalp DHT. its a dual 5AR inhibitor.

whereas finasteride 1 mg inhibits 38% scalp DHT, 1 mg dutasteride inhibits about 65%

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
Bravo.

Those are the kinds of post I like to read.

We don't hear enough the college-age community of this board. For a while, it seemed like I was the youngest guy on this board (just turned 21). It's good to know that other people your age are going through the same thing.

And good advice there at the end about people not caring as much as you do.

GoldenBear

Reaction score
Yeah im only 21 and in college too, I wear a hat often in the winter but used to go all summer withouth a haircut and have a wicked head of blonde hair. Then about a couple months ago i was home for spring break, my sis said i was looking a little thin I thought nothing of it. 2 weeks ago I took the time to look at the back of my head in the mirror and I almost died. This has by far been the most depressed I have ever been, I find myself searching the net for some miracle cure instead of actually living my life.

Hey wristshot how bad was the back of your head, i dont have a definate bald spot yet but its damn close.

12step

Reaction score
hey everyone,
now i am seriously tinking of trying something other than finasteride,
its really freaking me out,i dont have any morning wood and if i do its not a full one,lower libdeo,i know this could disspaear but what if it stays like this even if i quit i read a few stories,
i was reading the stories on this site(main site not the forums)and i notice that other products besides finasteride and minoxidol work,
i was thinking maybe spironolactone or revitogen
whats retionl a,
alos i notice on my foreheadwhere my hairline starts therews lots of small hairs growning im not sure is this ression but i tink mabe regowth of some sort, finasteride is working i do shed some hair still but its drastiacaly reduced,
any advice is welcome
also is it normal for pubic hair to come out really easy down there like4 or 5 hairs anytime you pull at it,it was always like this before finasteride,also my eyebrow hair used to come out really easily but notanymore,
maybe i have Telogen Effluvium too,BUT A DOCTOR TOLD ME HE SAW SLIGHT male pattern baldness IN THE TEMPLES,,all i want to do is retain
its really gettin me down,
18 male

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont know but i've been on finasteride for 8.5 months and morning wood is stronger than ever....maybe i have too much dht or something. I dont know

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MEvsMPB said:
Hi,
i know how you feel, I'm also 18 (turnin 19 next month) and already a NW2.I started Proscar 1,25 around 2 1/2 months ago.
One thing I'd like to say is, that with all this bad posts here going on, ppl will start to think all about sides and actually get them.

I remember when I dropped my first pill I had read an article here like:

"limp dick, 1 week on finasteride"
"am I going to ruin my manhood" etc.

And believe me, 3 hours after I had taken the first pill I started to notice a hot feeling in my balls, no joke!

The next day after I realized that nothin happened I knew that it was all in my head.

don't think too much about it!

A Norwood 2 could just be your natural hairline as well. Not everyone has NW1 when they are kids, dude. I didn't and know others from my Kindergarten pics in my old high scholl annuals who didn't. People who are born with a NW2 sometimes stay a Norwood 2 their whole life. geez

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho: although thats possible (unlikely), it's not good to tell to people because they'll ignore their situation and let it get worse

everyone told me it was my natural hairline when i was 19 and balding and I allowed myself to believe it

bad move

MEvsMPB

Reaction score
yeah I wish it would be my natural hairline.

I'm not paranoid, my hair was/is gettin thinner in vertex too and my father and grandfather were bald in vertex at the age of 25 so its 90% chance that I'm currently on that road.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
you young guys are not alone i started noticing my hairloss at 15 (but i have a feeling it was taking place mb even previous to this) - i dont think anyone else had it this young even on this board

hairloss totally ruined my teenage years i dont even have the experience of being comfortable with my hair - ever!

im 19 now and i think i have finally come to terms with it... at the end of the day it helps ALOT if you concentrate your thoughts on your positive attributes more - it makes the hairloss problem seem much more manageable

MEvsMPB

Reaction score
yeah amrod I know how you feel.
Back now I remeber comments on my temples when I was 16.
This year as I'm turning 19 my barber said to me I'm thinnin in the vertex, and it was true...

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
^ its good to know other people understand

the worst part is i was not really aware of my looks until i turned 15 or so... it was only months after life started really openning up to me that this struck. I still remember the day when i looked in a mirror and saw my vertex at the first time and just said "what the f***"

so yeah its a downwards spiral i just wish i had listened to myself and got on treatment instead of letting my parents convince me i was just being too self conscious

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MEvsMPB said:
yeah amrod I know how you feel.
Back now I remeber comments on my temples when I was 16.
This year as I'm turning 19 my barber said to me I'm thinnin in the vertex, and it was true...

Same exact thing happend to me...exactly what you said actually only ive been 19 for a couple of months now

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
wangho: although thats possible (unlikely), it's not good to tell to people because they'll ignore their situation and let it get worse

everyone told me it was my natural hairline when i was 19 and balding and I allowed myself to believe it

bad move

No - He's got a point. I've always had a slightly receded hairline/big forehead; it was kinda weird. Looking at past photos, I had a really big forehead when I was about 8, then in my early teens my hair thickened up a bit, and recently its begun to thin a bit. The hairline as far as I can tell was always the same though..