Im 15 Years Old And Im Probably Going To Go Bald ??

An i going bald?

• No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Exoclap

My Regimen
Reaction score
jokes asides I doubt it...

it is 99% male pattern baldness, be aware of this anyway

He also said that it could be diffuse thinning as well but he told me to remove psoriasis first. Which could be true since I'm under stress in the past year and my diet is really really shitty. What do you guys think

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
people can actually start receding at around your age. i started around sophomore year when I was 16.

and to answer your previous question: it most likely is male pattern baldness because of the fact that you just started noticing hair loss @ around the same time your body starts producing androgens, WHICH, incidentally, catalyzes follicular miniaturization in genetically susceptible individuals.

there's a chance it might not even be male pattern baldness; you might not even lose any more hair beyond that. but 9 times out of 10; male pattern baldness is the diagnosis for cases like this. Good news is that you caught it early enough to drastically slow it or even stop the recession--go to a derm to have it checked out and ask about minoxidil (idk if it is safe for minors to use, but considering that its OTC drug; i don't think its going to hurt you.

Exoclap

My Regimen
Reaction score
people can actually start receding at around your age. i started around sophomore year when I was 16.

and to answer your previous question: it most likely is male pattern baldness because of the fact that you just started noticing hair loss @ around the same time your body starts producing androgens, WHICH, incidentally, catalyzes follicular miniaturization in genetically susceptible individuals.

there's a chance it might not even be male pattern baldness; you might not even lose any more hair beyond that. but 9 times out of 10; male pattern baldness is the diagnosis for cases like this. Good news is that you caught it early enough to drastically slow it or even stop the recession--go to a derm to have it checked out and ask about minoxidil (idk if it is safe for minors to use, but considering that its OTC drug; i don't think its going to hurt you.

Interesting thanks for the info ! If I have male pattern baldness then I will just buy a wig made with real hair and pay 300-400$ for it. Like this guy did

shookwun

Reaction score
Such an obvious wig lol.

Norwood 7 on the sides but thick head of hair on top? Dead give away

Exoclap

My Regimen
Reaction score
Such an obvious wig lol.

Norwood 7 on the sides but thick head of hair on top? Dead give away

It actually looks pretty real tbh. You could actually choose a different one (longer wig that masks the sides as well so its looks like you have head full of hair)

Wonder what will happen to the hair, since there's no oil to hold it in place.

It's going to dry up.

My older brother has a similar wig like that he payed 400$ for it and it looks so cool. He was completely bald before and now he has a wig similar to the picture below. When you go to that salon they give you the wig they style it for you and cut it to the desired hairstyle. And they also give you a special some kinda paste/oil that you need to apply every 3-4 days to your hair after washing so it doesn't dry up. However this is not permanent it lasts for around 2-3 years. Some salons actually don't give you anything to moisturize the hair so I don't know how that works

Attachments

• 6dd3549140eae2419b3fa50722db0d84.jpg
    6dd3549140eae2419b3fa50722db0d84.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 159