I'm 14. Do You Think This Is An Early Mature Hairline Or What?

The Gardener

Reaction score
I can't say for sure if your hairline is receding or not as I don't really have a good idea of what your baseline is.

What I CAN tell you is that you're not going through an "MBP event". I don't see any signs of rapid hairloss... i.e., lower quality hair strands right at your hairline, frontal vertex hairs starting to transform into pube-like curlier hairs... which would be signs of DHT attack. It would also be accompanied by scalp irritation, which I don't think you have mentioned any experience of.

So... I don't think you're experiencing something traumatic, like many of us who are farther along the male pattern baldness spectrum have gone through, and fought. But, it is very possible that your hairline is maturing a bit, which IS a change... very similar to the change one experiences in getting chest hairs for the first time... DHT drives BOTH of these processes... but might just be a very slight adjustment to the temple, and given your parents' history it might not be anything more than that.

notme33333

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say for sure if your hairline is receding or not as I don't really have a good idea of what your baseline is.

What I CAN tell you is that you're not going through an "MBP event". I don't see any signs of rapid hairloss... i.e., lower quality hair strands right at your hairline, frontal vertex hairs starting to transform into pube-like curlier hairs... which would be signs of DHT attack. It would also be accompanied by scalp irritation, which I don't think you have mentioned any experience of.

So... I don't think you're experiencing something traumatic, like many of us who are farther along the male pattern baldness spectrum have gone through, and fought. But, it is very possible that your hairline is maturing a bit, which IS a change... very similar to the change one experiences in getting chest hairs for the first time... DHT drives BOTH of these processes... but might just be a very slight adjustment to the temple, and given your parents' history it might not be anything more than that.
lets hope its nothing else.

thanks