I'll just leave this here... :whistle:

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish I didnt come on this site and watch that video. Depressing as hell. It serves as a reminder for my future.

I'm in two minds about the clip though.

I think there is a lot to be said about a self-fufilling prophecy. If your going around making a big deal about your hair-loss then people will respond to that. I think to some degree he was making it a bigger issue than it was, and often asked loaded questions to people. Of course he did experience discrimination to some degree but you have to be ea man in life and live each day as it comes. Its no good to walk around like a pussy.

I just hate the premise of sh*t like this. Im sure they could make documentaries on ugly guys/bald guys etc who have hot girlfriends, but they never do.

Personally, despite what I said about trying to be strong, I honestly have doubts about my future. Not too mention more pressing issues, such as a lack of direction in my life, having nothing in particular that Im great at(although doing a uni degree). I dont think im all that intelligent either. At least surrounded by some of the people I meet at university. Either way, baldness will be the cherry on the pie when it really starts to f*** me over.

I dont know. I dont want it to effect me, I want to be one of those guys who looks good bald but its easier said then done. Its all about attitude though. Yes you will lose your looks and it will be harder in life in some respects, but if baldness is a complete non issue for you then other people wont make it an issue. This guy walked around with a kind of attitude like 'the world owes me a break, I need to be loved, im bald damn it, its so unfair! look how these people are discriminating against me etc'

The guy just needs to suck it up and not walk around in that mindset that the world owes him a free blow job just because he's bald. Right, he has lost some of his looks from baldness, but there is still hope. The greatest battle with baldness is yourself, its your own feeling of inadequacy and vanity that creates a self fulfilling prophecy.

Its not just bald people that are discriminated against. Women must have a tough time in todays world. Ageism is so prevalent.

Once you get to the stage of that guy you need to shave it all of, including the skanky beard and work on being the best you can be in your life.

This may seem optimistic and unforgiving but in the end, we either accept what we are and try and make the best of it or walk around depressed that we dont look perfect.

Easier said then done I know but hey.