(il)Legitimacy of minoxidilsolutions.com

Marktwothousand

Reaction score
I think I am going to give Minoxidil Max 15 a try. I like that I can get a 60 ml bottle at a lower cost to try it out before spending $100 on something like Xandrox.

Although consistency isn't too big a deal for me, I am finding that as I used the Perfect Image more and more, the stickyness of the solution causes a little more shed simply due to friction (the stickyness pulls on the hair)

But I still would like to give the new company's Xandrox a try once we learn a little more about it. Could a moderator please post this topic as a sticky for a few weeks to try and draw more attention to this issue?

Thanks.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i had been a user of lee's 5% spironolactone for a long time. the weird thing to me is that minoxidilsolution's spironolactone lists the SAME EXACT ingredients but is about 20 times thicker (almost like toothpaste thick) and lee's was quite watery (kind of like cetaphil)

jbhkhc

Reaction score
jbhkhc said:
Nene said:
jbhkhc said:
I just ordered the 5% spirocream and minoxidil 6% plus...I have a tiny bit of both Dr Lee's originals left as I used to buy in bulk. Once (if) it arrives, i'll compare them and report back

Cool, let me know what you think. At this point I don't think I'd use them again. Not only is the product suspect but as someone pointed out, shipping is SLOW and it didin't even come with a dropper.

I don't wanna jinx myself here, but I got a tracking number sent about an hour after purchase and my parcel seems to be on the move. It's got a long way to go though, and shipping has never been fun for me out here. Also, the total price for my order seems a lot higher than Dr Lee used charge....

Still haven't received this order. No reply from their email.

pizzatheorem

Reaction score
I thought I'd chime in here and relate my experience with these guys. I originally emailed Dr. Lee to verify their legitimacy and I was assured that their product is the same as what they used to sell. So I went ahead and ordered several bottles of the 6% minoxidil with finasteride which I'd been using for a few years with success. The order was not trivial, it totaled $130. After five weeks I hadn't received my order so I called them up and spoke to a guy who told me that the money could be refunded or a new order shipped, but he'd have to speak with his boss. He told me he'd get back to me in a few days. He never did, nor did my order ever arrive. I have since called them about ten times, every time getting their machine. They don't answer their phone or reply to emails. Whether their product is real or not I don't know, but I do know that they are unscrupulous and untrustworthy and this experience and likely more like it have sullied Dr. Lee's legacy. I'm very disappointed.

Marktwothousand

Reaction score
I'm done considering them as an option then. I already went ahead and ordered DualGen.

Who'll bet that Minoxidil Solutions will be dead within a year or so?

pizzatheorem

Reaction score
Seems likely. Right now, the operation seems little more than a bogus money collecting website and an absentee proprietor who somehow inherited the rights to Dr. Lee's formulations.

crnoda

Reaction score
I used to buy Dr. Lee's products for years.....always received them in order.
This new site www.minoxidilsolutions.com that supposedly sells the same products as Dr. Lee is completely unprofessional. I ordered some products over 2 months ago and have not received any refund whatsoever. Every time you call the 1800 number, you get an answering machine like it was in the someone's basement. Email replies are never returned. This place is a SCAM. Buyer BEWARE.

Nene

Reaction score
I threw out the minoxidil with retin-a, I don't trust this place. I'll never order from them again.

eclipsegum

Reaction score
crnoda said:
This new site http://www.minoxidilsolutions.com that supposedly sells the same products as Dr. Lee is completely unprofessional. I ordered some products over 2 months ago and have not received any refund whatsoever. Every time you call the 1800 number, you get an answering machine like it was in the someone's basement. Email replies are never returned. This place is a SCAM. Buyer BEWARE.

Unless they changed their ways in the past month I do not think they are a scam. Maybe it is a poorly run business but it is not an outright scam (that is, unless the products are not really as advertised).

I ordered Xandrox 15+ on eBay about a month ago and received the order relatively quickly. One of the bottles had broken during shipment. Sent a message to the seller and they sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

That said, I have no idea of the quality and whether the new Xandrox is the same as the old stuff.

Compared to the old stuff
-Bottle labels are similar but slightly different, clearly was a reproduction and not a direct copy of the old design

-I applied the old Xandrox on one side and the new on the other side. The old Xandrox is much thicker and leaves more of a sticky residue than the new stuff. Maybe this is because I have had the old stuff for a while (opened around seven months) and it thickened, I don't know but it definitely had a different feel.

Would I stock up on the new Xandrox? -- No. While the fact they had the Regrowth mailing list and some posts claim Dr. Lee has said they are the same, the lack of transparency and the different feel of the product makes me feel it is too much risk to make a big order.

Will I order again if it is still around when I run out? -- Yes.

Anyway, I have no connection to any seller of minoxidil and only have experience with Dr. Lee's products, Minoxidilsolutions and Minoxidil Max(which I am very happy with the dualgen).

Nene

Reaction score
eclipsegum said:
crnoda said:
This new site http://www.minoxidilsolutions.com that supposedly sells the same products as Dr. Lee is completely unprofessional. I ordered some products over 2 months ago and have not received any refund whatsoever. Every time you call the 1800 number, you get an answering machine like it was in the someone's basement. Email replies are never returned. This place is a SCAM. Buyer BEWARE.

Unless they changed their ways in the past month I do not think they are a scam. Maybe it is a poorly run business but it is not an outright scam (that is, unless the products are not really as advertised).

I ordered Xandrox 15+ on eBay about a month ago and received the order relatively quickly. One of the bottles had broken during shipment. Sent a message to the seller and they sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

That said, I have no idea of the quality and whether the new Xandrox is the same as the old stuff.

-Bottle labels are similar but slightly different, clearly was a reproduction and not a direct copy of the old design

-I applied the old Xandrox on one side and the new on the other side. The old Xandrox is much thicker and leaves more of a sticky residue than the new stuff. Maybe this is because I have had the old stuff for a while (opened around seven months) and it thickened, I don't know but it definitely had a different feel.

Would I stock up on the new Xandrox? -- No. While the fact they had the Regrowth mailing list and some posts claim Dr. Lee has said they are the same, the lack of transparency and the different feel of the product makes me feel it is too much risk to make a big order.

Anyway, I have no connection to any seller of minoxidil and only have experience with Dr. Lee's products, Minoxidilsolutions and Minoxidil Max(which I am very happy with the dualgen).

In the future, you might wanna get a few posts under your belt before you make a post like this one. It looks suspect.

finfighter

Reaction score
eclipsegum said:
crnoda said:

LOL, can you say shill!

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
i use the retin a 5 percent and the xandrox 15 plus and so far i have some regrowth in my temples and my hair seems much thicker.

ive been on it for about two months.

its a matter of opinion. I was a bit hesitant at first but Dr. Lee's products worked well for me so I knew I had to switch back from revivogen and spironolactone and rogaine.

eclipsegum

Reaction score
Nene said:
In the future, you might wanna get a few posts under your belt before you make a post like this one. It looks suspect.

Understandable, I would be skeptical of a new user as well. I tend to be a lurker on forums and just wanted to give my experience.

I'll upload photos of the new stuff and the old stuff on Monday. I guess someone w/ interest in the site could have been a Dr. Lee customer as well but maybe it will give you guys some validity?

kinofthedemo2 said:
LOL, can you say shill!

Look, your viewpoint is understandable considering how much BS is out there, but not everyone is a shill. Not to mention don't you think if I was a shill I would have said that the product is exactly the same as Dr. Lee's?

I am not vouching for the product at all, the fact that it is different from Dr. Lee's means it very well could be fake. That said, I did receive my order and they even promptly fixed a shipping problem, so they are not a take the money and run scam. Not saying that the people that are claiming they never received anything are lying, just that was not the case for me.

I should add that I ordered primarily to get the topical finersteride (sp?) and I feel the risk that it is fake is worth having a product with finersteride in it.

jkman1

Reaction score
I have to say I have been ordering from minoxidilsolutions.com for last 3 months. I order the Xandrox and 15% Xandrox which is what I used to order from Dr lee. I can tell you Dr. Lee's Xandrox is the only minoxidil that dries so fast and it looks exactly the same. All other minoxidils and foams take forever to dry. I am going to stay with it because it does same exact thing to me hair as Dr. lees products. I agree about the constant emails for discounts from them, but other than that, I am satisfied. The shipping is fast too.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
update on the spironolactone cream...

it def is way thicker than lee's, but i do get the distinct "skunk" odor when i apply it after minoxidil...i usually experienced this when i applied spironolactone liquid after minoxidil

moksel

Reaction score
In my opinion this place is not a scam. I've order some minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid a month ago through their ebay shop. Usually shippings from other sites in the US arrive within a day or 4 as I live in The Netherlands. But the shipment hadn't come in in a week so I contacted them. They replied swiftly that the product had been sent. 2 days later it came in.

I wanted to try their minoxidil since I suspected I was getting allergic to the ppg from spectral, since it was giving me a scalp itch/burn.

Besides their recipe I've added 0.005 % caffeine to the mix.

Now three weeks after using their ppg free minoxidil with azelaic acid I am virtually without a scalp itch and I'm seeing vellus hairs sprouting along my hairline. The shedding I was having seemed to stop somewhere last week. The texture of my hair is improving as it did when I was first using the spectral dnc from 2009. I did lose some ground in terms overall thickness on the top but the vellus hairs seem to be a good omen of what is to come the comming months.

PS. with the spectral which contains ppg I seemed to have stronger minoxidil sides and also quite some wrinkles forming. Since I ditched the ppg my face has cleared up a bit.