If you're thinking of seeing Dr Rogers - ask me.

G

As I do not have the funds to travel abroad, I have to make do with the UK - Dr Rogers being the best, they say.

I went to see him in January in Stratford. I am 25 (24 at the time). I travelled 4 hours from where I live on the train from Liverpool St station via both Birmingham stations, then to Stratford Upon Avon.

The land of Shakespeare - saw his house in the town centre as well. Very historic.

Anyway, I had a consult with him - half an hour - cost me nothing at the time, but now he charges £50 I think. He is straight up. He will not lie to you.

He said he could do 1000 FUE on me. When I quizzed him on whether it would make a difference, I looked him in the eye and something was not quite right. I know this might sound contradictory, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense, he was just telling the truth. He told me to get on dutasteride.

If you've got any questions fire away - I can pretty much tell you anything (within reason) you ask. Obviously, I cannot compare him with other Dr's.

This is just to help UK users out, if they decide on visiting him one day.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
Anyway, I had a consult with him - half an hour - cost me nothing at the time, but now he charges £50 I think. He is straight up. He will not lie to you.

He said he could do 1000 FUE on me. When I quizzed him on whether it would make a difference, I looked him in the eye and something was not quite right. I know this might sound contradictory, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense, he was just telling the truth. He told me to get on dutasteride.

Wait. Are you saying he actually told you it wouldn't make a difference? Od did he give you a "look" that said it wouldn't make a difference?

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
He was probably being honest in that it will make a difference but he couldn't make Gunner look like Elvis.

I've met quite a few hair transplant docs including some of the big names from America & I can say 100% that Dr Rogers is the most honest of the lot. All the others played up what they could do & told me I could have a wonderful, full head of hair in their capable hands. Dr Rogers actually played down what he could do & told me that no hair transplant would give me a full head of hair again. He told me exactly what could realisticly be done taking into account all the variables (age, current / future loss, family history, my expectations etc).

I've just had my 3rd 500 FUE session with Dr Rogers & I'm very happy with where I'm am at the moment. One more session & I think I might be done. He still insists on doing just one surgery a day & gives the patient his attention all day.
He's booked up maybe 2 months in advance so I suppose he doesn't need to do the salesman bit so he just tells the truth whether the patient wants to hear it or not.

Highly recommended.

rutters

Reaction score
@ whiskey
I take it you've now spent £6000 on hair transplants so how far's it got you? How many square centimetres would you guess are now covered? how about norwood scale?

any info appreciated.
cheers

pete24

Reaction score
i am booked in for November for my consult.

Hoping to have the op early next year.

Was thinking about Norton, but thanks to you guys, Im a bit better informed.

Im still thinking about a trip to jeffrey epstein in miami if im not convinced by Dr. Rogers.

Epstein has a huge and impressive portfolio.

Far more than anyone else.

Im hoping Rogers can show me as many convincing cases.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
rutters said:
@ whiskey
I take it you've now spent £6000 on hair transplants so how far's it got you? How many square centimetres would you guess are now covered? how about norwood scale?

any info appreciated.
cheers

Hi
I was around 3a but I had quite a sloping forhead so it actually made it look worse. It's still all growing in but I'm very pleased so far. It's looking like the last session will make the front look like it's hardly balding. At worst it'll be maybe a NW2 but I think it'll be better than that. I'm slowly but surely stopping to feel bald .... if you get what I mean. :)

I could've had the 2000 grafts a lot cheaper & in one go with Dr Rogers via the strip method but the FUE route was right for me.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
pete24 said:
i am booked in for November for my consult.

Hoping to have the op early next year.

Was thinking about Norton, but thanks to you guys, Im a bit better informed.

Im still thinking about a trip to jeffrey epstein in miami if im not convinced by Dr. Rogers.

Epstein has a huge and impressive portfolio.

Far more than anyone else.

Im hoping Rogers can show me as many convincing cases.

Thank goodness you've steared away from Norton, no good at all.
Rogers is definately the only one in the UK you should consider. Bear in mind that like I said he will underplay what he can actually do. very modest man.

If however you want to go abroad then I'd check out Cole or Feller for FUE or add Hasson & Wong to the list if you want strip method.

rutters

Reaction score
thanks for that
I realise the strip method would be cheaper and cover more area but I understand it leaves scars..am I right? is that why you chose FUE?

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
rutters said:
thanks for that
I realise the strip method would be cheaper and cover more area but I understand it leaves scars..am I right? is that why you chose FUE?

It will leave a long thin scar. If you keep your hair at the back longer than a few mm then it should cover it. Dr Rogers has actually started using a new closure method that can keep the scar almost invisible. I chose FUE to be 100% sure that I could do what I wanted with my hair in the future. FUE can actually leave scarring but it leaves tiny tiny little marks that aren't really visible. Mine can't be seen at all.

rutters

Reaction score
thanks again
Think I need to speak to Dr. Rogers re. the new strip method. Was also looking at the Farjo clinic. I believe they are a little cheaper and budget is a factor for me.

thanks

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
rutters said:
thanks again
Think I need to speak to Dr. Rogers re. the new strip method. Was also looking at the Farjo clinic. I believe they are a little cheaper and budget is a factor for me.

thanks

Rogers is the ONLY UK Dr to trust rutters.
I've met all of them & seen results from all.

As for cost - Rogers charges by the graft & not by the hair. An average graft holds 2+ hairs. When some places talk of a 3000 session it actually means only 1500 grafts (3000 hairs). If Rogers says a 3000 session it will be 3000 grafts (6000 hairs). Be careful of the terminology.
The new closure method is called "Trichophytic Incision". if you decide to talk to Rogers, ask if he could do it on you, the examples I've seen are very impressive.

rutters

Reaction score
thanks again

I think I need to look into this 'Trichophytic Incision' a bit more and speak to Dr.Rogers.

I did email him some 5 days ago but have yet to receive a reply (slightly worrying)

rutters

Reaction score
That's wierd

an hour after posting the last reply I get an answer from Jean at Rogers Clinic telling me it's £50 for a consultation. Wonder if she reads this forum?

hmmmm

GeminiX

Reaction score
I didn't know about the closure method used by Dr. Rogers, but when I attended my GP's pracitice to have the stiches removed, the nurse actually called some of the doctors to look at the donor area! They were all *very* impressed with what he had done and asked loads of questions about that I could not answer, lol

D

rutters

Reaction score
did U have a strip procedure? and do all patients need to go to a GP for stitch removal?

GeminiX

Reaction score
The stiches will disolve on their own, but it's generally a good idea to have them removed.

You can also return to the clinic and they will do it for free.

D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read all the good reports on Dr Rogers and having checked his credentials myself I phoned his practice this week to arrange an appointment at the end of the month. I really felt ill at ease before I made the call, a bit out of my depth. I've only considered surgery as an option in the last 6 weeks or so. To me this board seems a bit surreal as I've never discussed such things openly, perhaps like everyone else here, so making the call made everything seem "real".

Prior to coming onto this board I would never have considered it but I see that surgery has made considerable advances, I guess I had in my head the perception that if the likes of Elton John couldn't get a hair transplant with all his money then clearly it can't be done. But I guess that was around 25 years ago but he's the star I remember getting a lot of pubilicity about an unsuccessful hair transplant.

From what I can gather the techniques have moved on considerably since the late 70s with micrografting techniques and so forth.

I feel there's a lot of stigma attached to the idea of such surgery but I think it makes as much sense if not more so than many other forms of cosmetic surgery. Perhaps it's because a bloke would be considered far too vain to not embrace hair loss? I know a girl who spent £3000 on straightening her nose which made her feel a lot better maybe that helps me feel a bit less freaky about taking such measures.

Well I decided you only live once and at 42 and now with my scalp starting to show I have no desire to embrace this considerable change in my appearance. I was thinking if I go for it now it will be less obvious to family and friends, if I wait then it will definitely be a suspicious dramatic change and I don't think I can cope with that! I think my main worry is the time needed for recovery - I have a job where I'm in front of people all the time and I can't hide away for longer than about two weeks....

Anyway, by going to meet Dr Rogers even if I don't proceed with surgery I feel as if at least I did something rather than let my hair go without a battle! :lol:

I'm not sure what questions I'll be asking yet but I want to make the most of the 30 minute consultation and I'm heartened by the fact that he appears to be very genuine in treating people as patients and not earning fodder.

My hopes on surgery would simply to have my hair sufficiently restored so I wouldn't be considered as balding. Fingers crossed. :)

rutters

Reaction score
nice one m8..I'm about the same as you only I haven't rang yet!! I'd also like to know how long after surgery can you go back in front of people w/out them noticing something's happened.

cheers and keep us informed

GeminiX

Reaction score
I had my procedure on a Thursday, and booked the Friday off work too.

By the monday I returned to work and it was barely noticeable (Though I made no secret of it).

That said, My hair was fairly long so hid the scabs and crusts well (Look at my photo diary). By a week it was hard to see anything had been done other than one or two crusts and a general pinkness around the area.

I would say if you want to hide it completely then wait a week to ten days, if you want to avoid people noticing who you just pass in the street then few days will about do (This of course is assuming you have *some* hair covering the area).